doug
(Weather Analyst)
Thu Jul 22 2010 02:56 PM
Re: Two Waves Being Watched

The "jog" north I mentioned is that this wave is clearly interacting with the ULL. The ULL is digging toward the West generally with a SW'lycomponent. The low level moisture behind it may be pulled NW'ly in its wake. Totally non-scientific and only an observation. As I said I clearly don't have a handle on the dynamic of that, and it may no occur. It was more of a question really.
Now what is scientific is that the exposed LLC on the west of the system may be competing with another center more to the north, and a center re-location may occur. This is an observation of some MET's who are analyzing the satellite data real time. If that occurs then the track will shift right. Lets wait and see what the 11 am package brings.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center