JMII
(Weather Master)
Fri Jul 23 2010 02:14 PM
Re: Thoughts on Tropical Storm Bonnie

Quote:

Miami Storm relative velocity loop is showing what appears to be 2 or 3 vortices rotating around the center. Northernmost vortice is just east of Miami while the southwestern most vortice is just east of Key Largo. Look for the empty circular areas.

I see it now. Looks like the edge of the true center just came ashore in Key Largo. The worst of the weather seems to be in a strong band that will push into the Homestead/Coral Gables area in the next hour or so. Another band is pushing thru Boca (where I work).

I wonder what the NHC will put the wind speeds at during their next update. 25 mph? No way its blowing 40 mph... other then maybe an offshore gust or two. And what's up with the "tropical storm winds extend out up to 85 miles"? I find that impossible to believe.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center