Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Jul 23 2010 08:07 PM
Re: TS Bonnie Makes Landfall Over Extreme South Florida

Quote:

Personally, the radar presentation begs the question os whether this thing is over. Virtually no convection is occurring on the west as the center emerges into the GOM. The dense rain area north of the center is breaking up. The dry air is strangling the moisutre(energy) from the system. It is dying.

To paraphrase a line from Star Trek VI... I can confirm the location of Bonnie. I cannot confirm the existence of Bonnie. Tampa radar now shows no evidence of a spin. The visible satellite loop shows high clouds racing off to the northwest, with perhaps some very minor rotation around the coast. Infrared/AVN imagery shows a very disorganized mess, but no evidence of even a weak circulation, at any levels really. Other satellites loops show similar things... lots of clouds, but no longer any organization.

It's possible that there is a closed low somewhere in that mess, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 5pm advisory declared Bonnie to be post-tropical (the new technical term for dead).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center