ChrisS
(Registered User)
Wed Jul 28 2010 12:08 AM
Re: Quiet For Now

I am a new poster here (but an avid reader for the last two tropical seasons). First off, thanks to everyone here for the great coverage, comments and calm analysis. I enjoy having a trusted resource such as this (being a relative noob to tropical weather events).

I have been following some threads over at Weather Underground and I have to say the commentary there is all over the map with this season's forecasts. It seems quiet now but what is the consensus here regarding the latest wave off coast of Africa that some of the models are forecasting to develop quite aggressively in the next few days? I have not seen that discussion here and frankly, I trust this groups collective intelligence more than some of the other alarmist discussion groups on other sites. I am hoping the quiet lasts a little longer and the projection of 19 named systems is over-forecast. -Chris

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center