Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Mon Aug 02 2010 08:26 PM
Re: Tropical Depression #4 Forms in Central Atlantic

It appears that NHC hopes to schedule a mission out of St. Croix, U.S.V.I. on Tuesday evening.
"SUCCEEDING DAY OUTLOOK: POSSIBLE NOAA G-IV
SURVEILLANCE MISSION OUT OF TISX AROUND CENTRAL
ATLANTIC SYSTEM FOR 04/0000Z IF IT DEVELOPS."

The system is moving so fast to the west northwest (indeed at about 285 degrees) that finding a center is indeed a challenge. At 19Z a rough centerpoint location for the cyclone was 13.0N 42.8W - that translates to a forward speed of about 25mph.

One short comment: Mike is the one that has kept the site going - the rest of us are just here to lend a hand. Now I'll put on my 'stern Mod' hat and request that we stay on topic.

With a good likelyhood that the fast forward motion will continue for a few days, intensification is going to be difficult to achieve. That fact alone is probably going to motivate track guidance adjustments to the left.
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center