Fairhopian
(Weather Watcher)
Fri Aug 06 2010 08:13 PM
92L Still Persisting

I am still hoping someone smarter than me will entertain my question from yesterday morning:

"92L does have convection this morning and its upper level clouds appear to be somewhat aligned with its shallow clouds. Will the impending encounter with the upper ridge (to its immediate West) likely affect 92L's steering or rate of development? Watching what appears to be the "belt buckle" of 92L at 15N, 80W (I'm a former defensive back), its movement appears to be a little more north of due west in the last few frames. What does an upper ridge typically do to a tropical low crossing under it?"

While today's Tropical Discussion denotes a cyclonic turning in the NW Caribbean, the same thing was happening yesterday, though more attention was on Colin. Also, today's Tropical Discussion mentions how there is a lot of moisture in the upper levels of the NW Caribbean, and the base of the upper level ridge is causing a light easterly wind. I am curious about the interplay of 92L and that ridge. Any takers? Thanks.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center