berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Tue Aug 10 2010 07:06 PM
Re: 94L - Beginning to Organize

The outflow you're observing to the northeast is the ULL currently at the Central FL east coast. I grant you it appears obscured at best but it is the ULL and all models have it travelling over the top of 94L. You may have text bulletins saying conditions are not ideal despite low shear and warm water. This system was originally part of an old frontal boundary and observing water vapor imagery there are shortwaves rotation cyclonically around the upper low and as you noted there is considerable subsidence and dry air that continues to be pushed south and southwest and if models verify 94L is likely to impaired by entraining this air into it. Tropical, Subtropical I don't concern myself with except they do technically differ in regards to how they are supported and the wind field between the two differs. The winds aloft are from NNE to SSW and at first glance it appears the two are linked; for the moment they are not; however text bulletins I've read today are indicating difluence aloft...What that is...are winds that diverge..that is like a river delta they spread out. Aloft you want difluence to enhance convective activity; at the surface you want the opposite; confluence...winds and moisture coming together into one focal point...the CoC. You have a nice day! Take care!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center