typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Tue Aug 24 2010 02:52 PM
Re: Tropical Depression Six Upgraded to Tropical Storm Danielle

Quote:

i concur, studying the last 7 hours of rainbows, it is dually noted that a jog to the west is current and a little bit of disorganization is also present. i still don't believe this is a game changer. keep something in mind, with how unpredictable the Atlantic has become, and with all the pressure systems involved, slight shifts in movement mean less than they used to in my personal opinion.

The disorganization you are observing is real and it is quite evident that it is because Danielle is moving head-long into a region that was previously contiminated by Saharan Air Layering...

The reasons are complicated but SAL particulate matter is very bad for cloud seeding, and this thought to curtail cloud production ... therefore cutting into the dynamics of the system.

I mentioned this on another forum in length (can't recall if I did so here) that it would be possible that a would-be Danielle may get affected in this way. SAL, I believe (as I have been closely observing this season...) has been somewhat problematic in the middle Atlantic Basin, perhaps more so than predictively anticipated back in the spring.

It doesn't have to be a death sentence to Danielle, but the ideas of rapid intensity are put on hold indefinitely.

If the system shallows some, it may become more challenged to linking up with any weakness - something to consider as well.

Persons in the northern Islands should monitor this system.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center