Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Tue Aug 31 2010 05:06 PM
Re: I'm watching Earl and what appears to be a cutoff low

Quote:

In response to your analysis - the latest NGP run reflects on Fiona stalling and looping off the FL Coast at 6 and 7 days out. This seems to be a direct result of Earl "cleaning" things out and leaving little in his path to steer Fiona. Thoughts?

Personally, I can't imagine Fiona stalling and looping right now, While steering currents may weaken in a short term, I think the model in question has kinda missed with the latest run. If other models start picking the idea of a stall or loop, then it could be worth looking into.

Now mind you, we are looking at a steering environment made more complicated by a major hurricane. So the models may have more trouble handling a vastly stronger storm relatively close to a weaker one. The models may handle it fine, but it's worth keeping in mind for each run.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center