Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Wed Sep 08 2010 07:47 PM
Clarification

For clarification, suggest that you might want to re-read the entire article. While I did mention the possibility that the peak of the season might be quiet (with Igor that no longer is true), I think that I may have mentioned something about activity in the southwest GOM and something about a wave that would exit Africa in two or three days.

Because Meteorology is the youngest of the natural sciences and therefore far from an exact science, we offer the Forecast Lounge for you to offer your thoughts - without retribution.

The intent of the Blog was not to imply that there would not be further storms this season - but it seems that I must have left that impression - which was not intended. Climatology expresses something in averages - and extremes.
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center