WesnWylie
(Weather Guru)
Wed Jun 01 2011 05:28 PM
Re: The 2011 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins Today

Thanks. I think it may have been TS Andrea that I was remembering. I am looking at the vis. satellite loop, and 93L still looks fairly organized for just a tropical disturbance. I think it may hold together (at least somewhat) when it enters the GOM this evening. I have seen weirder things happen before.

BTW, Recon will fly into 93L tomorrow at 1800z (1:00 P.M. CDT), if necessary.

UPDATE: Actually, I was thinking of Tropical Depression 5 of 2010. It never did become a system. It was on the verge of becoming a tropical storm but never made it before moving inland. I remember that the NHC only had it tagged with a 20% chance of development, but within 12 hours, they raised it to like 80%. (OK. Now I can sleep tonight. )

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center