LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Jul 31 2011 05:35 AM
Re: Wave East of Caribbean Likely to Develop Today or Tomorrow

I don't know. I don't think it's just the forward speed, I've seen many a system develop at that speed. I think there is a bit too much dry air, the SIZE of the system is a BIG factor and the water temps should be a bit better very soon. Just with a system this size, there are more factors.

Then again, what I do like is that the structure has maintained itself despite the fast forward speed.

I'm wondering on the models if they turn to the north is based on environmental factors (enjoy the post in the other thread) or an expectation of a stronger system.

Will see but either way it's an impressive system to watch for this time of year or in general.

Haven't checked but don't think dust is a factor but there could be some dust I think.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center