LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Tue Aug 02 2011 01:39 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Emily Forms in Far Eastern Caribbean

Yeah, I think the models were run before the new burst of convection and what appears to be her center.. recon will or won't confirm that this morning. The discussion this morning was also written before the first great visibles.

Something is going on with Emily and if this trend continues she may make the trek after all.

Question is which way is she moving. Hard to tell movement when a storm is relocating or still in infancy stage.

The green on funk top last night was followed by a great presentation on both visible and water vapor imagery.

I think we have a keeper... will see. Can't wait to see the discussion at 11 and what recon finds with the data when it's all been gone over.

For now.. .she is the healthiest I have seen her since the split personality phase... can she stay together?

The dust is there, so is shear but that's par for the course with tropical storms in early August.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center