berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Thu Aug 04 2011 02:37 AM
Re: Current Model Swath

(danielw) You're absolutely right...and discussions about Emily verify this. If Emily remains shallow...not organized expect a more westward track. If Emily gains vertical depth she will feel the much larger hemispheric effects of the east coast longwave trough and be pulled between the two subtropical upper highs. Last season the ECMWF performed extremely well...and is handling Emily quite well with zero north bias. My concern this evening is Emily simply isn't very deep and I see a 270 to 280 direction. I expect a continued shift to the left. Recent satellite imagery has convection over the surface center; however Shear analysis shows 20 knots from the west with the 200 mb upper high to the south of the system.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center