Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Aug 04 2011 04:12 AM
Re: Current Model Swath

Ralph, just wanted to state that the main reason I come to THIS site is that for every bit of hype here, you get 10 pieces of solid meteorological information and education. Most other sites it is like 2 to 1 hype to info. It is an odd thing about us hurricane trackers that, despite all that we know about what these storms can do, we have this unconscious (or sometimes conscious) desire to experience what we track at some point in our lives and that can color the predictions. I must say after having cleaned up the mess after Charlie, Fran, and Jeanne that I am quite satisfied to get a near miss from a tropical storm every once in a while. Stick around here long enough and these guys will teach you stuff (and send you searching other web sites for info and cool radar loops). This is a low hype zone!!
As to Emily....she sure seems to want to come visit us in Florida and I am going to keep a close eye on her because of that. If I had just taken the forcast from 3 days ago as law, I might have tuned out and assumed it would get nowhere near here. Interaction with Hispanola and Cuba will tell the tale.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center