Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Thu Aug 04 2011 05:13 AM
Re: Current Model Swath

In a way, having so many knowledgeable people commenting makes it intimidating to post. That's not a bad thing. I feel like I know quite a bit for being an enthusiast, I just feel that I don't want to have my contributions amount to nothing more than an, 'I Agree with what he/she said.'

Maybe I should stop worrying so much.

Of course, (back on topic) with Emily there doesn't seem to be a good way to handle what the storm is going to do. I have little confidence in the models, and yet, I have even less confidence in any other possible track. It seems kind of silly to post, 'it's a storm, and I'm clueless as to what it's going to do.' In this case, I think it applies. Emily has been a very hard to manage storm for forecast purposes.

We'll find out soon enough if the storm had slowed down further (if it did, then the circulation will be more embedded on the western part of the CDO) is now a bit stronger and will start to turn north. If it hasn't then the storm is going to continue to confound everyone and continue west as a weakish TS.

As I said, rampant speculation, And we'll find out more soon enough.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center