ralphfl
(Weather Master)
Mon Aug 22 2011 03:57 PM
Re: Irene the Year's first Hurricane, Passes Over Puerto Rico

I agree i think even with Tampa in the cone and even if the track was exact (which it won't) tampa would not get anything.Always remember the left side is the weaker side.

Also the NHC forcast is on the western side of the models so i would think come 5pm it will be even more east and maybe even the west coast of Florida out of the cone.

ALSO as the storm gets closer and a track gets more apparent the cone will shrink.I in noway am saying Florida is out of the woods but if the models do not change or the storm start going due west real fast the most Florida will see is squalls and some rain and this is South Florida east coast.

In fact Tampa would see less rain the normal no afternoon rain as all the rain would be pulled away and Tampa would be hit and dry more then normal

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center