Random Chaos
(Weather Analyst)
Sat Aug 27 2011 02:04 PM
Re: Hurricane Irene Landfalls at Cape Lookout, NC

I'm looking at the area of North Carolina that the hurricane is crossing: it is all flat, swampy, with lots of lakes. It won't weaken the storm much.

Storm's appearance is actually improving on IR and WV following landfall. Morehead radar is still showing a badly disrupted eye, and the land interaction won't help it, but there are signs it is trying to fill in the southern and eastern circulation.

Condition report: Winds about 10-15mph here near Annapolis, MD. Still a long way from the storm, the eye being around 270 miles south of me. The closest rain line should start hitting me in the next ten minutes or so.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center