Psyber
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jul 05 2014 01:41 AM
Re: Cat II Hurricane Arthur Moving Through Outer Banks

No no you misunderstand. I can see the high pressure keeping Arthur out to sea as well as all the other components keeping a ton of him off land right now.

What I'm wondering about is how fast he's going to move forward. He's up to 24MPH N/NW. There doesn't appear to be anything in front to slow him down so i'm wondering what the maximum forward speed he's going to have.

He's going to hit Nova Scotia as well as possibly parts of Newfoundland/Labrador. He'll be much weaker cyclonic wind wise but he'll still be completely saturated with water.

Big difference for us in Canada as the faster he moves, the less rain is going to be dropped over a number of areas that don't have much in the way of earth to absorb water.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center