kspkap
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Nov 03 2020 02:13 PM
Re: November Hurricanes

Mike, look at the crazy GFS model. It shows Eta doing loops several times ending up going after the northern gulf states again...Florida included! I’m driving home to MS from Florida to tackle a peeled back roof from Zeta. I live across the street from the Gulf. As I wrote prior my daughter heard flying debris hitting my house which was shaking. My neighbor’s house was swaying! Another house in the area was blown off it’s piers with two elderly people inside. They were hurt, but survived. We finally had our power restored late Sunday evening.

Our area had over 101 sustained winds with gusts of 122 mph! Zeta was one for the record books. Cold on top over much cooler water...yet she increased to almost a Cat 3 at landfall on LA!

------------------
Donna-1960, Charley-2004, Frances-2004, Jeanne-2004, Issac-2012, Zeta-2020

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center