kspkap
(Weather Watcher)
Fri Aug 27 2021 05:59 PM
Re: Hurricane Forecast for Northern Gulf Coast

Here I am again in Long Beach, MS waiting for yet another major storm. Zeta hit us badly last year making a Cat 3 at landfall. We have had severe weather for the last 2 days. We will be so inundated with rain prior to Ida we could be looking at another Katrina. This lot which I built on had a 32 foot storm surge!

For the last 1 1/2 years the Mississippi Gulf Coast has been targeted with many tropical storms and now another major hurricane within less than a year. Part of my metal roof peeled back from Zeta plus other damage. The area was similar to Florida in 2004 when we saw so many “blue” roofs.

My house is on the market as I’m moving back home to Central Florida where major hurricanes are an anomaly!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center