IsoFlame
(Weather Analyst)
Sat Aug 26 2023 07:12 PM
Re: 93L and Franklin

Quote:

I tend to disagree with the models that hold off development until Sunday/Monday. First light confirms that 93L is possibly already a T.C. We have not had a decent SCAT pass in almost 24 hours, and recon has solely been flying Franklin. 93L's structure has been missed by more recent SCAT passes as the area of interest may be relatively small, which also raises the question of how much stronger than modeling could it get, given its smaller size and potential to be missed by the models.

Intensity-wise, overnight ship reports of up to 45 knots were noted in the northeast quadrant of the incipient cyclone. [/qoute]

I wholeheartedly agree with you based on my limited technical knowledge of tropical meteorology. I'm not educated in the fine details as most of the members on this forum (I flunked Calc 3 @ FSU (I blamed it on the Chinese instructor who spoke broken English- but numbers don't know language!) and did not pursue a degree in Met), but I'm pretty good at analyzing satellite loops and the raw data that models crunch .

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center