ltpat228
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Mar 04 2006 03:04 AM
Re: mold damage

Quote:

I looked into the subject a bit and found some articles about a light bulb that kills mold and bacteria, it's called Ozonelite. Has anyone ever heard of it??

Supposedly this light of which you speak detects mold.
Nothing kills mold.
Mold must be physically removed.
Having endured hurricanes Frances and Jeanne within 3 week's then the overwhelming aftermaths in my area on the ocean, I discovered spraying full strength hydrogen peroxide on to the suspected area enables the mold to disipate...even applying it to walls, furniture, carpeting, baseboards, drywall, etc...any areas I suspect might have been infected.
(Of course complete renovation is the best course of action.)
I have cleaned well over 75 crawl spaces under homes filled with mold and literally swept the mold in to a plastic bucket; secured it in tightly closed plastic bags then discarded it immediately.
I have been cleaning hurricane debris going on 1-1/2 years now attempting to bring homes to a safer environment; and it never ceases to amaze me how residents are becoming ill with a "mysterious" cough and other like symptoms. A few of my clients have passed away in a matter of months.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center