LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Jun 15 2006 10:25 PM
so youre comparing Chris Landsea and Associates to OJ?

I understand what you say about criminal behavor and after working for the government myself for a while I know what you mean about a "party line" but... I seriously doubt that they are prohibited from researching and being honest about something because Bush doesn't like Global Warming.

First off, the people who he mostly worked with at HRD are not exactly hard right wing types and they are very dedicated to research. They sort of live and breathe science vs politics.

And, you can ONLY find an article by Mann and Emmanuel? Talk about people with agendas.

I respect your work greatly here online over the years. I just think there is no conspiracy on behalf of the Bush Administration to ignore any ideas on Global Warming. And, trust me.. there is a lot I would believe on that topic.

The people, some of whom I know, who don't believe this is 100% Global Warming and who are waiting to see if there is or isn't permanent Climate Change vs temporary Ice Ages or temporary spikes in Global Temps are scientists not politicians and they have no ulterior motives. They have thier own beliefs.

Science is an art of observation over TIME when it comes to Climate and you can't jump to conclusions based on to what us seems like a lifetime (20 or 30 years) because that's not climate..that's weather.

Otherwise people in the times of the Mini Ice Age that lasted a few hundred years would have been talking doomsday like about the end of the world and a frozen period when everyone would die from temps too cold for mankind to survive.

And, then it changed.

So true what you said though about behavior. .. especially criminal behavior.

So so true.

Just my opinon Margie.

Bobbi

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center