StormHound
(Weather Guru)
Sat Aug 26 2006 01:35 PM
Re: Hurricanes should i be worried

Sebastian,

I must disagree with my friend Multi. Even though we have seen many hurricanes through the years, a hurricane hitting one spot in Florida is not a likely event. If a hurricane were to come to somewhere else in Florida, you would likely only see a day or two of bad weather. The weather on either side of the hurricane would be beautiful.

If you happened to be unlucky enough to be in the path of the hurricane, you would want to have alternate plans. Pick a nice spot on the other side of Florida to retreat to. Just make sure you leave early enough. For example, if you were staying in Clearwater Beach this week, it might be a good idea to travel across the state to Daytona for a few days, since this storm might be headed to the west coast. You may get to see more of Florida this way!

Outside of hurricanes, it does rain almost daily in Florida. However, the rain normally only lasts 30 to 60 minutes so it isn't a problem.

If you can move your vacation to another month, that may be better. If you can't, just see if you can set up alternate plans just in case. Otherwise, just enjoy your vacation!

Oh, where are you planning to stay? That could determine how easy it is for you to move if there is a storm.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center