NervousDad
(Registered User)
Wed Sep 03 2008 01:22 PM
Re: Storm conveyor belt

My daughter is doing an internship at the refuge. But do not take my username too seriously. I am not too worried. I have been to the Sanibel website and know they increased building codes and updated plans after the last big storm, and the city reasonably careful with Fay. I think they should have made the last evacuation mandatory, but other than that I was not concerned. I am also trying to get my daughter more knowledgeable on Hurricane preparedness. Living in Colorado did not prepare her for this kind of weather. But I found some good sites for that already.

My question was more just related to what seemed like almost an overload of storms. The NHC has at times had 4 storms being tracked at once. It seemed unusually active and I wanted to know how common this number of storms really was.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center