gvl, fl
(Verified CFHC User)
Wed Sep 06 2017 04:09 AM
Attachment
Re: Irma Preparations in Florida - Tips?

My neighbors are having a pool installed (see picture). The installers are definitely taking their time. The shell of the pool and the huge pile of rocks have been sitting across the street from me for about three weeks. They managed to break the first pool they brought and also tear up my front yard, which is why you see the stakes, etc. I'm wondering... Gainesville saw 65 mph winds during Frances and Jeanne. Would it take much more wind than that to start blowing the rocks around like a hailstorm? I think it would take a tornado to toss the pool itself around, but I'm not sure.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center