Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Mon Jul 19 2004 03:06 PM
Florida Rain

We are just now beginning to get some t-storms and winds with the rain coming in from the GOM. We had heavy rains last night/early this morning, and it doesn't look like there is going to be sun in the immediate future. I've gone through TD's and TS's here that had less rain, wind and storminess. If anyone on this board has ever thought about changing into a duck, today would be a great day to do it. AFLAC.....

DustDuchess
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Jul 20 2004 06:17 PM
Re: Florida Rain

Rain still coming down as we speak. My yard is standing in a bit of water now. What makes this remarkable is that I have sand. When you step onto the ground, the foot print of your shoe has a puddle in it.l This is unheard of. I did not use my rain gauge because it always shows more than the official report. I am at the point I want it to keep raining, just to see how much Polk County can get and then deal with it. We may need to know this information this year.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center