ChessieStorm
(Weather Watcher)
Tue May 29 2007 03:24 AM
Memorial Day Weekend Area to Watch

Just watched Denis Philips weather cast and he was talking about models hinting a surface low developing in the Caribbean by Friday time frame. He doesn't expect anything to develop majorly. Gulf waters are in the upper 70's and the waters around here have cooled since mid May due to the persistent easterly wind blowing through for the last 8-9 days have caused upwelling in the Gulf.

But rain is what we need and we need it badly. So hopefully, if anything, we get some moisture to create the sea breeze showers and storms.

(Moved from the Main Page to an existing thread.)

saluki
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue May 29 2007 04:22 AM
Re: Memorial Day Weekend Area to Watch

Quote:

But rain is what we need and we need it badly. So hopefully, if anything, we get some moisture to create the sea breeze showers and storms.

The forecaster on Channel 6 in Miami-Fort Lauderdale was saying tonight that Lake Okeechobee is within an inch of its all-time low and probably will get there in the next day or two unless there's some unexpected rainfall. The most stringent water restrictions I can remember in 20 years of living here have been imposed, and the landscape is starting to look like my parents' yard in Arizona. A rainmaker (so long as it's accompanied by minimal severe weather) would be most welcome here -- even if it means a soggy, gloomy weekend.

josh
(Registered User)
Thu May 31 2007 11:20 PM
Re: Western Caribbean on the Day Before Hurricane Season

Can't wait for the rain, my lawn and the school behind me sure need it. Only thing I am concerned about is even if it rains for a few days, we're still going to be so far behind in rainfall amounts and brutal sun will just dry it up in no time. We need this thing to sit right on top of Florida for more than a few days.

-Josh

Ron Basso
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Jun 01 2007 12:24 PM
Re: 2007 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins Today

Boy, this would be great for the state if these prec totals are realized.

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p120i00.gif

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center