andy1tom
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Aug 14 2008 01:47 PM
battery t.v.

does anyone know where a battery powered t.v. can be bought that is digital? i've found one online so far and it was $249 which seems like highway robbery.

Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Thu Aug 14 2008 05:55 PM
Re: battery t.v.

This is an excellent question (moved it to this Forum where it might get more attention) that I'm sure a lot of folks might have pondered over. If you have a current portable analog TV, it will still work for this season, but if you don't it would seem to make economical sense to seek a digital model. I'm curious myself as to what might be available at this time.
ED

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Aug 14 2008 06:08 PM

Here is one for $189 with a dvd player.

Digital TV

andy1tom
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Aug 15 2008 01:44 PM

That one would work, but what i was looking for was one that worked on C or D cell batteries.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Aug 15 2008 02:20 PM

Check out this link http://www.wkrg.com/hurricane/article/battery_powered_tvs_vs_the_digital_switch/15099/

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Aug 15 2008 02:29 PM

Here is one for $199.99 http://www.radioshack.com/product/index....rentPage=search

ltpat228
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Aug 15 2008 02:38 PM

I have found many oddball items on ebay.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center