Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Sep 12 2003 07:42 PM
being from Minnesota, now in florida...I have a question.

I felt like I had gone back in time while visiting Conway last year................my aunt is there as she no longer wanted to put up with the upstate New York winters. She may be changing her mind this coming week. The town looked pretty beat up to me though....................I think Charleston is the best thing SC has to offer.

HanKFranK
(User)
Fri Sep 12 2003 08:18 PM
Re: being from Minnesota, now in florida...I have a question.

charleston is nice, yeah. i was referring to south carolina's natural beauty mostly, i'm aware of the poverty.. juxtaposed against the growing i-85 corridor and midland towns, the south carolina low country might as well have been burned by sherman's army corps 20 years ago. and then, having a major hurricane come visit wouldn't exactly be an improvement. but such things can't be helped.. they're just part of the history and character of the place. you either like it or you don't.
HF 2018z12september

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Sep 12 2003 11:22 PM

To tell the truth going back there gave me a glimpse of my rurul southern mom's side of the family. I could have felt at home in a strange kind of way. You know the feeling that it seems like you have been there before.......................I wanted the children to see it too. But let me tell you it is a night and day different from California where I lived since I was 3.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Sep 13 2003 02:52 AM

Sandy, I was in SAnta Cruz for 17 years, before making it back here just in time for Hugo...where were you in Calif.?

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Sep 13 2003 02:57 AM

I was in the chatroom for a while. Lots of fast-moving and sometimes incoherent predictions and speculations on the possibilities...Sounds like the H.P. ridge will be the major player for where she comes in, if she does...if it stays right there, sounds like the westward track wil hold, and Fla. will be it. If the ridge weakens or moves off, then the "turn" will happen, and the carolinas and northward will have to start sweating it out...thing is, the storm is moving so slowly that it allows more variables to come into play...the longer it takes to get westward, the more time the ridge will have to move or weaken...dicey stuff...

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Sep 13 2003 03:19 AM

I lived in Lompoc for 30 years................that town is 50 miles from Santa Barbara.............u shoulda stayed in SC longer so you could have missed Hugo.........My aunt lucked out somehow and she was in Myrtle Beach.................

Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Sat Sep 13 2003 03:26 AM

There is a Forum called Everything and Nothing which you should use for off-topic material.
Thanks,
ED

Ed Dunham
CFHC Moderator

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center