Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Mon Sep 15 2003 12:52 AM
steering winds

I took a nap, watched the longest football game in the history of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who got a touchdown with 5 seconds left in the game and than Automattica had the field goal blocked (again) and we ended up losing 12-9. Let's not forget the 30+ penalties. Man.

I think that I'd rather be working for the NHC than have to face Jon Gruden in the locker room or, for that matter, be a Bucs player for the next week. Or 2.

LI Phil
(User)
Mon Sep 15 2003 12:56 AM
Re: steering winds

Colleen: Interesting. My J-E-T-S lose to Miami, sending this thing towards NY. Then, The Buc's lose to Carolina...does this mean it's heading to the Carolinas (cause I certainly hope not). Sorry for the BAD football analogies. Three days is a long ways away

Mary K.
(Weather Guru)
Mon Sep 15 2003 01:04 AM
Re: Hurricanes and Football

I think football games are like hurricanes. You can forecast them all you want, but they go where they go. Some are saying that this storm is already beginning the nudge towards the NW and some are saying it is stalling some what. What say you

(Weather Master)
Mon Sep 15 2003 02:32 AM
Re: steering winds

Could not believe that game Colleen ! I have never seen so many flags thrown in one single game in all my life. No I really would not want to be in the locker room tonight, but then on second thought it might not be a bad idea Tonight was not the Buc's night for sure. We need to get this little problem straightened out real fast!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center