LI Phil
(User)
Wed Nov 03 2004 12:32 AM
Lets Roll vs. Bring It On!

With the first returns of the night becoming official, Bush has taken the early lead, 34-3. Bush will win Kentucky, Indiana and Georgia, while Kerry will take Vermont. A couple of "swing states" are (duh) still too close to call.

My time online over the next several hours may be limited due to the fact that I have my own race (that of my boss) to worry about...then, of course, are the post election 'festivities' which I am taking part in....

Our reelection headquarters is bereft of phone/cable (boy, the cell phone really did take over, didn't it), although I may be able to steel away for a few minutes to post.

One point to remember, however, is the fact that Florida has some 150,000 absentee ballots not yet counted, and the results of which likely will not be known until Thursday night. Republicans contend they will hold a 2-1 advantage in absentee votes, which, if true, means you must add 100,000 votes to Bush's total...ergo, if Kerry is ahead by less than 100,000 votes after tonight/tomorrow, Bush may win the State...looks like when we arise tomorrow, we may not know who the winner is.

Anyone online, feel free to post your thoughts. Hopefully Skeet will color in the map as the evening progresses, but for now

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/president/

don't forget to hit "refresh"...

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Wed Nov 03 2004 12:44 AM
Re: Lets Roll vs. Bring It On!

I like how this person said this, I'm not sure of his name but.."People that do not like either canditate will vote for Kerry because, they say better someone new", I rather you vote for good ol Ralph, if that's your reason for voting for Kerry.

LI Phil
(User)
Wed Nov 03 2004 12:49 AM

39-3

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Wed Nov 03 2004 12:48 AM

Don't count your chickens egg's until they've hatched. California hasn't come home from work yet...

(Weather Guru)
Wed Nov 03 2004 01:01 AM

virginia was scaring me but they are coming in red again! I was sweating that one! 3 percent precincts in fl reporting. 53 bush remainder Kerry maybe we wont need the absentees. too close to call. why all the doom and gloom on fox tonight? hmm. My info was from drudge report.com.

danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Wed Nov 03 2004 03:00 AM

99 Electoral votes to go! @ 0300Z
Projection from CNN

SkeetoBiteAdministrator
(Master of Maps)
Wed Nov 03 2004 03:11 AM
The map

Not my best work, but it works... will update as data becomes available. Just refresh the page to see updates (if any)

Ohio, Mississippi, Georgia, Oklahoma, Kentucky and Arkansas passed various initiatives that defined marriage as a relationship only between one man and one woman, and limited marriage benefits to those relationships. - source: msnbc.com

Michigan passes Constitutional amendments restricting the expansion of gambling and prohibiting same-gender marriages. - source: Detroit News

danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Wed Nov 03 2004 03:20 AM
Re: The map

Thanks Skeet! You the Man.
Saved me having to update the latest projection.
Updates from CFHC and the news networks.
Better than having to look at updates from TPC/NHC!
10:19pm edt- Bush 193 Kerry 112

(Weather Guru)
Wed Nov 03 2004 03:34 AM

skeet, what do you think the panhandle will do?

danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Wed Nov 03 2004 03:37 AM

This link updates the FL counties candidate votes.
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/FL/P/00/map.html

SkeetoBiteAdministrator
(Master of Maps)
Wed Nov 03 2004 03:44 AM

Quote:

skeet, what do you think the panhandle will do?

GWB - by a thin margin IMHO

(Weather Guru)
Wed Nov 03 2004 03:46 AM

Naples having voting machine problems. I do know that is 65 percent republican..

LI Phil
(User)
Wed Nov 03 2004 09:05 AM
I will not gloat...

but this one wasn't nearly as close as the liberal media would have liked us to believe...in fact, it is now 3:42 am, and this is my first computer access (those Pos-Election parties can get somewhat out of hand, ya know??? ) It amazes me still that the media keep GWB at 269, when he clearly has Nevada & New Mehico...and Ohio is in the bag...

I will change the avatar whenever I decide to go to work tomorrow...yeah...BTW, my boss won 57% of the vote, a landslide in election terms...so I've got a job for the next two years too...

I'm glad this dispicable and deplorable campaign is behind us, despite the last desperate gasps of the JFK campaign operatives.

Of course, not to pat meself on the back here, but I called Ohio before the polls opened...I'm available for hire if anyone wants to run for congress in Michigan or something in the future I wonder if those "marriage is a union between a man and a woman" propositions didn't just pust GWB over the top...

Jason/Keith234...I really do feel for you, but take this as a great learning experience...those who have been through this countless times (myself since 1987 I've been through 10 individual campaigns, my boss thru 20); when we tell you trends, raw data & polling (heh...I get mine from a site so secret, I can't even reveal it to Skeet), and the fact that the youth of 'merica DON'T VOTE, take it to heart.

57755775...whaddit I tell you...Coop, Danny...??? The great folks from the Sunshine State endured hell for 2 straight months this year...but you got it right tonight!!!

To all those who supported Mr. Kerry, we welcome you back into the big tent...you may have had a legitimate gripe that the GOP "stole" the 2000 election, but tonight leaves no doubt. Let's band together like we did after 9/11 as Americans, not Republicans and Democrats...

Afterall, Congress (House & Senate) are GOP, so in theory, we could ram home any objectionable legislation...we don't want to do that...we need some objective and productive dialog...

BTW, my County, which lost big time to Gore in 2000, carried GWB by a couple hundred thousand votes...

Skeet, thanks for being the mapmaker extraordinaire...sorry I couldn't be on to enjoy it...

Mi amigos, you will get PMs tomorrow or the next day...

I'll put up my "real" e-mail address in my profile tomorrow if you wanna communicate during the "offseason" (for hurricanes). Many of you have it anyway, but I'll put it there for public scrutiny...and if you wanna give me crap..."Bring It On" (heh)

2004 is OVER, let's roll....

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Nov 03 2004 01:23 PM
Re: I will not gloat...

Hail to the Chief! Thanks Li phil!

LI Phil
(User)
Wed Nov 03 2004 04:37 PM
It's FINALLY OVER!

Much like the NHC, the Kerry camp has finally confirmed that which we knew back at 2:00 am...It's OVER.

All the vitriole, dirty tricks and dirty politics (on BOTH sides) can now hopefully be put behind us...Kerry supporters may not agree, but America made the right choice this time. I did a bunch of research into Mr. Kerry's career, and quite frankly, he is not a man of honor or a great patriot. Bush has many a fault, but he will be the better man to hold the highest office in the land.

Now that it is over, lets all work together as Americans to keep this the greatest nation in the world (no offense James88 & Rich B., you're a close second ).

On a slightly different topic, Jeb Bush's popularity is over 70% and George W. won Florida fairly handily...Did the four hurricanes to strike, and the Bush's (both) response to the hurricane damage, determine the 2004 Presidential Election??? Had not Charley, Frances, Ivan & Jeanne come a knockin', would our president be John Forbes Kerry?

2004...the season from hell...the Red Sox won the world series for the first time in 84 years...the Washington Redskins LOST their last home game before an election (which has ALWAYS indicated an incumbent would LOSE)...four hurricanes devastate Florida...what's next, Florida puts a Cuban-American in the Senate?

2004...This one was for the Gipper!

LI Phil
(User)
Thu Nov 04 2004 01:04 AM
Re: It's FINALLY OVER!

>>> Bonus Points...Not for who "said" it, but for the repercussions:

"Tin soldiers and Nixon Coming
We're finally on our own
This summer I hear the drumming"

It DOES have to do with something that took place in Ohio late yesterday...and pertains to an event taking place today...

Ohio is indeed a swing state, but that's not what I'm after...

Since nobody correctly guessed at what I was getting at, no bonus points will be awarded...

What I do not know about the weather (how many times have I enjoyed crow this year???), I do know about politics.

I would just like to go on the record that I told you Ohio was going to be an important player in the Presidential Election. Ultimately, Ohio DECIDED the election. While the polls and pundits all said for the days and weeks leading up to the election that Ohio was tied or too close to call, they were forgetting one very important thing. The Ohio ballot proposition and the motivation of deeply religious voters regardless of political affiliation...combined with a last minute decision by Ohio's highest court to actually UPHOLD the law and permit elections inspectors to be present at all polling places.

Once elections inspectors were allowed, I knew Ohio was in the bag...I did not see it being the actual DECIDING factor, but I knew the GOP had 20 EC votes in the bag.

I'm available to run your next campaign for public office for a modest price.

One more thing...no matter what your political views & label (that is really what it is, a label...we are all Americans), with a few exceptions, the media have a very liberal bias. There are at any one time nearing a close election 10-15 separate polls per state (swing states)...the media almost NEVER average all polls, but rather pick the "best" poll in terms of numbers for "their" candidate.

I told anyone who was willing to listen that Bush would be reelected...they all said I was crazy, and they even went so far as to say that Bush's terrible numbers in NY would bring down my boss with him. For three weeks I had to reassure my family, friends and co-workers that the President would be re-elected, and that my boss would too.

My boss won this election by the largest plurality he has ever enjoyed and Bush comfortably won as well.

Hey, I'm not Karl Rove, but I do know my stuff when it comes to politics.

Oh, that little ballot measure? Gay marriage. Why was it even on the ballot? The Massachussets Supreme Court upheld a lower court decision to declare that persons of the same sex could form a civil union and be afforded the same rights as a married (male & female) couple. Why would this matter in Ohio (or any other state, for that matter). Because unless and until the federal government specifically outlaws this (Defense of Marriage Act notwithstanding), the wording of the Massachussets legislation effectively skirts federal law. Why again, would this matter in Ohio? Because of the longstanding dictum that holds that what occurs in one state, as defined by that state's law, also may be accepted by ALL the 50 states...why again, would this matter? If this (Massachussets) measure is heard by the US Supreme Court, and the Massachussets law stands, it means that all the 50 states have to accept Mass law...ie same sex "marriages" (civil unions).

Ohio and I believe 9 other states put these measures on the ballot to protect themselves from having to have Mass. dictate their own laws.

OK, where is this going...right? Conservative (socially) states like Ohio placing a measure on the ballot will bring out conservative voters...who would overwhelmingly support the president, would come out in droves to vote for the Ohio proposition AND Bush. And they did.

So what the hell does this have to do with Ohio and the Presidential election?

A VERY convincing argument can be made that the actions of the Massachussets supreme court tipped the election to Bush.

Kerry is from...

Massachusetts.

DOH!

That "somewhere a butterfly flaps its wings" dictum. Bush retains the White House.

I only wish I could predict the weather. Crow is a dish best served cold.

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Thu Nov 04 2004 01:24 AM

You sure can forecast poiltics better then the weather, just kidding you'd be surprised the way I saw you when I first lurked on this site, as a meterologist! You forecasted that Ohio would be the deciding state and it was, all we need now is poiltics models to forecast the outcome of the election

LI Phil
(User)
Thu Nov 04 2004 01:47 AM

Quote:

You sure can forecast poiltics better then the weather, just kidding you'd be surprised the way I saw you when I first lurked on this site, as a meterologist! You forecasted that Ohio would be the deciding state and it was, all we need now is poiltics models to forecast the outcome of the election

Well working for a politician, I guess I can BS with the best of them!

Seriously, thanks for the kind words...Mets may say forecasting politics is harder than forecasting the weather...I say it's just the opposite.

I did come close with Jeanne, but that was about it. Scottsvb, Ed, HF, Clark, Jason Kelley, et. al. they are the collective bomb.

Because of their efforts, I am sure this website mitigated some hurricane damage and may have even saved a life or two.

Credit the bros. cornelius for creating this site way back in 1995...and all the members for their collective assistance in getting thru the rest.

Maybe I should start trolling some political blogs...I'd inevitably enjoy a far lower crowbohydrate lifestyle!

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Nov 05 2004 01:48 AM

It isn't over.

I hope all you Bush fans are happy that you have re-elected the biggest mass murderer of the free world in decades.

Our President, as Comander in Chief, is personally responsible for the mass murnder of tens of thousands of innocent women and children in Iraq, in a war that was not just and based on lies. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, and yet you all vent your hatred and anger about that on innocents. Does it make you feel like you are a real man to be direclty responsible for the murder of infants and children?

LI Phil
(User)
Fri Nov 05 2004 01:57 AM

>>> Does it make you feel like you are a man to be direclty responsible for the murder of infants and children?

That's the spirit of reconciliation and togetherness! Glad to know sKerry supporters aren't bitter or anything.

Do NOT come into my house and spew that garbage.

BTW, John Forbes Kerry actually TOOK PART in the murders of infants and children. He even testified before Congress and admitted to it. Talk about hypocracy. I'm not going to go into the whole pro-life vs. pro-choice thing, but sKerry does support abortion rights.

I don't expect you'll have the stones to respond, but I can assure you this..."It's my will against yours, and YOU WILL LOSE"

--Gunnery Sergeant Thomas Highway

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Fri Nov 05 2004 02:59 AM

Bush won, and there's nothing we (democrats) can do or say. Remember we are one country not two parties, become one. I know how you feel, LI phil, Skeet, 5225225 and me had a debate, I lost they won. I tried a lot of the points you would present but aganist these guys you can't win...thanks for your understanding.

Keith

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Nov 05 2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

It isn't over.

I hope all you Bush fans are happy that you have re-elected the biggest mass murderer of the free world in decades.

Our President, as Comander in Chief, is personally responsible for the mass murnder of tens of thousands of innocent women and children in Iraq, in a war that was not just and based on lies. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, and yet you all vent your hatred and anger about that on innocents. Does it make you feel like you are a real man to be direclty responsible for the murder of infants and children?

Your ignorance is incredible. Tens of thousands of women and children? What planet did you just arrive from and what tabloid do they publish there?

I shouldn't have bothered giving your post any attention by even the most abbreviated reply. Misguided and uninformed folks like you are dangerous to our society.

Go back and check both your facts and your math before embarrassing yourself like that. Holy smokes, that's the dumbest thing I ever heard!

Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Fri Nov 05 2004 11:56 AM

I wouldn't say the dumbest thing I've ever heard...he is entitled to his own opinion and if that is the way he interprets it so be it. This is the dumbest statement I have ever heard "If it weren't for my horse then I wouldn't have gone to college" I don't know what it means, and I have been trying to figure it out for the past 6 months.

LI Phil
(User)
Sat Nov 06 2004 12:54 AM
Final Map

BUSH 286
KERRY 252

Color Iowa Red! Also, Montana is Red... Sour grapes, I guess!

LI Phil
(User)
Sat Nov 06 2004 04:45 AM
Dumbest thing ever said...

>>> If it weren't for my horse then I wouldn't have gone to college

Nice Lewis Black reference! (shout out to Skeet)!

Although I think he phrased it a tad differently...something along the lines of "If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent a year in college" (or sometihng of that nature).

Maybe Skeet can clear this up!

SkeetoBiteAdministrator
(Master of Maps)
Sat Nov 06 2004 03:05 PM
Re: Dumbest thing ever said...

The exact quote was:

" If it weren't for my horse, I'd never have spent that year in college"

Of course, this isn't the dumbest thing ever said. Here are a few memorable ones.

1. "I do"
2. "It's not loaded... see?"
3. "It's my knife, but I didn't do it"
4. "There is no terrorist threat... there is NO terrorist threat" (Michel Moore)
5. "...should be rare, safe and available"
6. "Houston, we're go at throttle up...." followed by "There seems to be a vehicle malfunction"

LI Phil
(User)
Sat Nov 06 2004 11:33 PM

Thanks for clearing up the quote...I was pretty close.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on #1 & #4

How about this for stupid:

"I don't want the Democrats to nominate me because I'm a charter member of one of the most selective but fastest growing sports clubs in the world: the NASCAR fans of Massachusetts." - John Kerry, A Call to Service, page 17.

And here's one of the smartest:

"It often amazes me how someone can take so much pride in a lie. Kerry said he fired on unarmed villages, he tossed his medals, he denounced his fellow soldiers, and accused them of atrocities. He wrote a book about it. He testified to congress that we are a bunch of war criminals... Now, Kerry and Kerry supporters want us to believe he is a war hero, a dedicated naval officer who did his duty with pride, with a stellar service record. A war hero who stood tall with his “Band of Brothers.” ... This is not just a political flip-flop, it is an immoral act of deceit by people who want nothing less than the total destruction of America... The greatest threat to American isn’t Al Qaeda, it is liberals." - Marks26th in www.goldtalk.com/.

Clearly, the best man won this election!

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Nov 07 2004 02:00 PM

Man you guys know everything bonus points awarded LI phil...I like how he made fun of meterologists, if only they know; though pretty funny.

LI Phil
(User)
Sun Nov 07 2004 10:43 PM

>>> Man you guys know everything bonus points awarded LI phil.

Only I can award bonus points...

While I'm not a fan of Jon Stewart's politics, I gotta admit he's funny as hell, and his "correspondants" display that same rapier wit.

LI Phil
(User)
Sun Nov 07 2004 11:09 PM
Who's Laughing Now???

Heather
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Nov 10 2004 01:36 AM
Re: Who's Laughing Now???

When I received this I thought of you all that would really enjoy it. Regardless of our thoughts and feelings, I thought this was pretty good: Gloatfest 2004

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center