Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Oct 19 2005 04:52 PM
To stay or go?

Hi all,

Just found the forum, looking for some educated advice. I am supposed to land in Orlando Saturday afternoon for a week long honeymoon, doing the Disney and Universal Studios and SeaWorld thing.

Granted, it's still early, but this storm looks like a Florida hit is inevitable. Even if it hits a bit south of Orlando, with the rains and winds, would it be foolish to still make this trip?

Thanks!

Steeler Fan
(Verified CFHC User)
Wed Oct 19 2005 05:07 PM
Re: To stay or go?

If it were me, I would think twice before making the trip.

Even if Orlando area doesn't take a direct hit, there will be tons of evacuees there from the west coast of FL and you may encounter loss of power issues (even if not at the resort where you stay, with other local businesses). Not to mention, the traffic is going to be worse than usual. If the storm does track close to Orlando, the attractions will close also. You say you are scheduled to fly in on Sat. afternoon, but my bet is that flight isn't landing anywhere near Orlando that day or time. If you have a travel agent you are using check with them on cancellation/post-ponement and penalties. Due to the circumstances, I would think they may be able to help you out.

Good Luck and congratulations!

Mayor of Moronia
(Verified CFHC User)
Wed Oct 19 2005 07:25 PM

I agree with Steeler Fan. If Tampa/St.Pete evacuate theyll be headed for Orlando. AND the storm is likely to follow them there.

the young weatherman
(Verified CFHC User)
Wed Oct 19 2005 11:42 PM

The storm is unpredictable right now, so who knows where will it hits, but definatly somewhere in Florida, I would think twice about that trip.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Oct 20 2005 03:45 PM

Thank you all for your comments.

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Oct 21 2005 12:16 AM

I will just tell you this...I am a Katrina survivor. I stayed but will never do it again. There are a little over 200 people here in Mississippi who stayed and drowned because "their houses withstood Camille!'

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center