MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Sun Jun 24 2012 12:31 PM
Debby Conditions in Your Area

This is the location for reporting, making observations of the effect of Debby around your immediate area.

Here in Orlando near Universal Studios the rain didn't start until after midnight, currently it is a bit breezy with a light rain.

West FL Jess
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Jun 24 2012 12:44 PM
Re: Debby Conditions in Your Area

Poured off and on here last night in Tampa Bay. Light rain and windy with some gusts now. Weather channel reports gusts up to 28 mph.

Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Jun 24 2012 12:53 PM

We had about 0.8in of blustery rain last night here in Plant city. Spitting persistently this morning as we are in a lighter area at this time (9am EST). There isn't a lot of wind in any definite direction although it blows up once in a while.

kromdog
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Jun 24 2012 01:00 PM

Very heavy rain and strong wind gusts all of last night and contiuning into this morning in the NorthWest Tampa area.

http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/RadarLoop/pie_None_anim.gif

MichaelA
(Weather Analyst)
Sun Jun 24 2012 01:00 PM

1.75" over night here in central Pinellas County. Light to moderate rain this AM with windy conditions. Still going to Floral City to visit my mom today.

Wingwiper
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Jun 24 2012 01:03 PM

Here just SW of Ocala, had only sprinkles yesterday. Steady rain since early this morning - little wind.

We have (had) reservations at St. George Island State Park (barrier island south of Aplalachicola) starting today - talked to the ranger at the park about 0815 just after the TS Warning was extended eastward and he reported heavy rain with gusts of 35 to 40 mph this morning and they had just lost power to the island, as well. Due to the TS warning, they are closing the park.

GlenJohnson
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Jun 24 2012 01:21 PM

Good downpoor as far north here of Gainesville. Still think we need to batten down. I need to drive to Tampa on tuesday and Tally on Wed/Thursday. Not looking forward to those trips.

Cindi
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Jun 24 2012 01:52 PM

Rainy and windy here in Panama City, FL. Had to cancel/reschedule an outdoor baptism event due to TS warnings.

byrdlh
(Registered User)
Sun Jun 24 2012 02:25 PM

Steady rain and wind here in Panama City. Already have some small branches, etc down in the yard.

Owlguin
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sun Jun 24 2012 03:01 PM

Very heavy rain this morning in South Palm Beach County. Frequent lightning and. thunder.

cosmicstorm
(Registered User)
Sun Jun 24 2012 03:48 PM

Delray Beach is under tornado warning until 12. Some wild weather just blew through West Delray.

cosmicstorm
(Registered User)
Sun Jun 24 2012 03:56 PM

We are now under a tornado watch until 8pm. Thunderstorms with gusty winds up to 60mph are possible. The public reported a funnel cloud in West Boca near Glades road and the Turnpike.

Joeyfl
(Weather Guru)
Sun Jun 24 2012 04:01 PM
Re: 60 MPH Slow Moving Tropical Storm Debby's Uncertain Future

Getting some nasty weather here in St.Pete winds sustained 20-30mph with gusts 40-50mph all morning long especially in the stronger bands. I have to say Iam little surprised still at the lack of warnings further south considering all the winds and rain well to the east of the center. I have been going with GFS and see no reason to not, yes the ECMWF has done a great job in past few years but the GFS has been very consistent run to run with this storm. Folks in the FL and especially west coast look for continued tropical storm conditions next 48hours.

Littlebit
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Jun 24 2012 04:01 PM

Tornado watch up for the Tampa Bay area until 8pm.

angelswatch
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Jun 24 2012 04:02 PM

Here in Homosassa we have had steady rain, with occasional strong wind gusts since shortly after midnight . Rain gets heavier as day wears on.

Joeyfl
(Weather Guru)
Sun Jun 24 2012 04:08 PM

2.5 inches of rain since last night here in St.Pete winds have been sustained 20-30mph with gusts measued at my home of 41mph many in the high 30s. Higher winds near coast/water where winds are sustained at 38mph in downtown St.Pete! Some small tree banches down power flickers off and on as well.

EaglezFan42
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Jun 24 2012 04:13 PM
Re: 60 MPH Slow Moving Tropical Storm Debby's Uncertain Future

Quote:

Getting some nasty weather here in St.Pete winds sustained 20-30mph with gusts 40-50mph all morning long especially in the stronger bands. I have to say Iam little surprised still at the lack of warnings further south considering all the winds and rain well to the east of the center. I have been going with GFS and see no reason to not, yes the ECMWF has done a great job in past few years but the GFS has been very consistent run to run with this storm. Folks in the FL and especially west coast look for continued tropical storm conditions next 48hours.

I agree with you Joey....here in St. Pete as well, watching BayNews9 , Josh Linker showing winds and gusts around Pinellas County anywhere from 59-69 mph gusts.
Perhaps a few more hours they'll extend the watches/warnings southward.

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Sun Jun 24 2012 04:17 PM

There is a good deal of storms heading through just north of tampa, and a pretty good sized line about to enter Orlando.

This may be handy later:
Power outage map for Florida (Progress Energy)

weatherhead
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Jun 24 2012 04:24 PM

Wingwiper mentioned St. George so I figured I would post the conditions (wind) from Station # APCF1 - 8728690 - Apalachicola, FL
Also, since just before 10:00 a.m., winds have been gusting in the 40's.

Current
Wind Direction (WDIR): E ( 80 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 31.1 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 45.1 kts

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=APCF1

Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Jun 24 2012 04:30 PM

Update from Plant City. Steady solid blowing rain right now. We have accumulated about 0.6 in of rain here since I left for church at about 9:15am. Conditions are much more blustery and junk is blowing out of the trees a bit. Nothing severe yet. Tampa radar showing a heavy band approaching Pinellas county so Michael, be on your guard. Tornado warnings popping on radar from Sebring down to Naples so everyone in those areas keep an eye (and ear) out.

Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Jun 24 2012 06:13 PM

Conditions deteriorating rapidly here in the last 20 minutes. Very dark, rumbles of thunder, heavy rain and lots of wind. Tornado warning about 20 miles due south of where I am. Rougher looking band heading ashore in Pinellas. Anyone out there have a current report? News said 60mph wind gust out there!

EaglezFan42
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Jun 24 2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Conditions deteriorating rapidly here in the last 20 minutes. Very dark, rumbles of thunder, heavy rain and lots of wind. Tornado warning about 20 miles due south of where I am. Rougher looking band heading ashore in Pinellas. Anyone out there have a current report? News said 60mph wind gust out there!

Lamar... it's been quiet here in St. Pete (Bay Pines/Madeira Beach area) for the past hour or so... but starting to hear the thunder and see dark clouds moving in off the Gulf with this next band.

NPR16
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Jun 24 2012 07:31 PM

Pouring like crazy!!!! here!!!! I would say we have had gusts to TS strength and many Doppler indicated spin up Tornadoes. No verification of touchdowns as of yet.

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Sun Jun 24 2012 08:06 PM

Freeman
(Registered User)
Sun Jun 24 2012 08:09 PM

Location 51 miles S.E. of Tallahassee, 7 miles N.E. of Keaton Beach as the crow flies.
We've had about 3 inches of rain in our area in the past 24 hours. It's letting up now and the winds are picking up.
Steady winds at 15 to 18 mph, getting gusty though. Wonder if that's all the rain we'll see here from Debby?

BossDog
(Registered User)
Sun Jun 24 2012 08:19 PM

It's been pouring off and on all day here in Pinellas county. Seven inches in my gauge till this point.

Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Jun 24 2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Location 51 miles S.E. of Tallahassee, 7 miles N.E. of Keaton Beach as the crow flies.
We've had about 3 inches of rain in our area in the past 24 hours. It's letting up now and the winds are picking up.
Steady winds at 15 to 18 mph, getting gusty though. Wonder if that's all the rain we'll see here from Debby?

I really doubt it at this point. She seems to want to get 'up close and personal' with the Big Bend/Panhandle area.
Love the picture of Ballast Point. Looks like tide there is 3 or 4 feet above normal at least. We are up to almost an inch and a half in the rain gauge (that's 0.9 since my last post) but still haven't had and REALLY heavy weather. Had to clear my gutters with a metal pipe. Hearing thunder. The storms to my west seem to be pulsing a bit. They were really strong about 2 hours ago, but wound down a bit. Now on the upswing again....just in time to arrive here.

Littlebit
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Jun 24 2012 09:52 PM

Sunshine Skyway Bridge has been closed due to high winds. It takes 40mph sustained winds to force it to be shut down. Wind here in Plant City is beginning to pick up a little. Just got a gust of 21.5mph. Not bad, but highest one yet.

MichaelA
(Weather Analyst)
Sun Jun 24 2012 10:22 PM

Just back from Floral City. What a drive down I-75! About 40 minutes at 30-40 MPH in torrential rain from SR50 to the I-75/I-275 apex. Home to a flooded back yard and an overflowing rain gauge which means that over 6" of rain since this morning here in central Pinellas County. Glad to be home safe and glad I got to spend some time with my mom.

EaglezFan42
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Jun 24 2012 10:39 PM

Here are some photos coming in from friends across St. Pete...

Gulfport: (Bay is to the left in the image)

Pinellas Park:

Here in St. Pete, it's been off and on for the past few hours.
Strong bands coming onshore every 30-45 minutes.
St. Pete streets flood in a normal summer afternoon thunderstorm, so many roads are impassable already.

MichaelA
(Weather Analyst)
Sun Jun 24 2012 10:43 PM

Where is that in Pinellas Park? I'm in SE Pinellas Park (near Park Place Mall) and there is no flooding here.

EaglezFan42
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Jun 24 2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Where is that in Pinellas Park? I'm in SE Pinellas Park (near Park Place Mall) and there is no flooding here.

Belcher and 142nd Ave... I guess that's more Largo area... I'm not too familiar with that area.

MichaelA
(Weather Analyst)
Sun Jun 24 2012 11:00 PM

Yeah, that would be Southeast Largo just north of Pinellas Park's city limits. It is a low area that doesn't drain well.

Cindi
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Jun 24 2012 11:46 PM

Windy, rainy, and nasty outside right now. Small branches down and sproadic power outages in the area.

Littlebit
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Jun 24 2012 11:48 PM

Lamar, check channel 10 news. Tornado warning and rotation heading towards Thonotosassa, pretty close to us. Eastern Hillsborough county needs to pay attention, they said.

Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Mon Jun 25 2012 01:23 AM

Just had a few palm fronds fly off and hit the pool screen. I live in South Lakeland. Wind is not too bad, but rain is getting heavier. Hope our big oak in the front makes it through the night. There is some really ugly stuff coming our way. We just got a wind gust of 35mph.

Joeyfl
(Weather Guru)
Mon Jun 25 2012 01:40 AM

This is really going into the record books especially with respect to rainfall here in bay area. And just in past hour a Tornado came ashore near Tierra Verde and St.Pete beach areas. It was caught on camera and looked fairly large and quite a bit of damage in the the area. It came right over my house but thankfully it just lifted before reaching us but measured winds 51mph and tree limbs are down in my yard.

Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Jun 25 2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Lamar, check channel 10 news. Tornado warning and rotation heading towards Thonotosassa, pretty close to us. Eastern Hillsborough county needs to pay attention, they said.

Been watching most of the afternoon. We have been fortunate here. Nothing too bad, but I dumped 2.1in out of the gauge an hour ago (since 9am) and we have a heavy line over us right now. No thunder with it but sound like lots of wind (I need a wind gauge!!).....and now the rain has slacked off so the line is past (see my signature at the bottom). Could be an interesting drive to Zephyrhills in the am.

Michael, glad you had safe travels to mom's and back! Been a lot of bad weather along that route today! Seems the big question now is how quickly Debby is going to fling herself upon the shores of our state. NHC says Thursday, but I don't there is any way it takes that long. BayNews9 Viper says late tomorrow...probably somewhere in between. Stay dry, all!!

gsand
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Jun 25 2012 03:48 AM

Palm Bay here...light rain, 1.2' since 9 am. Light winds now, but a few gusts up around 15-20 or so, baro 29.84.

Melbourne radar is showing a line approaching the Brevard-Osceola border, can hear thunder in the distance. Tornado watch and Sig Weather Warning.

Stay safe and dry everyone!

JoshuaK
(Weather Guru)
Mon Jun 25 2012 11:47 AM

Lakeland area here; last night in South Lakeland at work it wasn't too bad, steady rain at 11PM, then no rain from 12AM to 4AM, then steady rain from then on till now. Commute to and from work showed light street flooding on Hwy 98, with several retention ponds about to burst their banks. A fair amount of 3-6" branch and twig debris on the north side of town, also noted someone who had erected several tent covers in their backyard only to have them scattered all over the place this morning.

Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Jun 25 2012 01:15 PM

Another 2.5 in of rain overnight which puts it at almost 5 inches in the past 24 hours. Woke up to a heavy rain band, it slacked for a bit but is raining hard again now. Going to wait until the line clear to head to work in Pasco county. We should get a bit of a break in the near future. Debby looking kind of sick this morning, but the bands keep developing. Hard to believe people are bringing their dogs in for grooming at my wife's work in this kind of weather!!

Joeyfl
(Weather Guru)
Mon Jun 25 2012 01:57 PM

A whopping 9.08 from 7am yesterday to 7am today in Northwest St.Pete!!! That puts us near 15 inches on the month with some areas nearing 20inches on the month and with Debby likely near by for net few days we could see major flooding problems and major rainfall records broken.

Freeman
(Registered User)
Mon Jun 25 2012 04:36 PM

We are getting a real slooooow soaking. Every inch of ground on my property is saturated. Lucky to be in a stilt home. My chickens are getting depressed though.

Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Mon Jun 25 2012 09:08 PM

At 4PM EDT, Apalachicola reported heavy rain with a northeast wind at 35mph gusting to 66mph and pressure at 29.42 and rising. This would suggest that the center of Debby is just offshore east of Apalachicola.
ED

Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Jun 25 2012 11:22 PM

The rain today (Monday) hasn't been nearly as widespread and heavy since early morning. We seem to be getting brief but intense showers with accompanying wind. Had a very windy drive home from Pasco county this afternoon. Just 0.7 in of rain since 9am this morning but I saw a LOT of flooded yards between Plant City and Zephyrhills. Didn't see any damage or trees down so we seem to have missed the worst so far.

GlenJohnson
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Jun 25 2012 11:31 PM

Up here, Waldo, when I went to bed, the rain gauge said 2 inches, this morning it had overflowed the 6 inch mard. Rained all night. Been sunny all day, till 5 then all haides broke loose. So far with the other 2 storms, I've had over 20 inches of rain here at home. No drought here now.

berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Mon Jun 25 2012 11:56 PM

Courtesy of NWSFO - Tallahassee

Tropical Storm Debby continues to spin over our Gulf of
Mexico coastal waters. The last couple hours of visible satellite
images indicated that the circulation continues to evolve. That
circulation now appears to be north of the official track...closer
to the coast. Pressures at the Apalachicola dropped below the
minimum pressure indicated for Debby in the last advisory. We are
currently observing tropical storm force winds mainly in gusts.
However, we have been seeing sustained TS winds at Alligator Point
and a recent gust at AAF reached 66 mph.

JoshuaK
(Weather Guru)
Tue Jun 26 2012 12:17 AM

Just had some heavy rain and gusty winds here from a storm that earlier had a Tornado Warning issued for it near Fort Lonesome. Was out looking at the storm after it passed by and apart from an odd perfectly round hole near the SW edge the storm it didn't appear too menacing.

Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Tue Jun 26 2012 12:28 AM

Here in South Lakeland (right near Mulberry), we had a tornado watch until 7:45; luckily it weakened quite a bit. The wind has really picked up and the humidity had dropped here. Does look like we're gonna get some more rain, though. Stay safe everyone!

Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Jun 26 2012 01:12 PM

There is a bright round yellow object up in the sky this morning. Seems vaguely familiar. Wind is still blowing around quite a bit and there was another 0.3 in the rain gauge (1in total for Monday). Seems like Debby has slacked off for us, but I still see bands headed our way.

Tazmanian93
(Weather Master)
Tue Jun 26 2012 03:13 PM

Several Pasco County Communities SR54/Little Road being ordered to evacuate due to flooding for info call 727-847-8137

ZooKeeper
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Jun 26 2012 07:45 PM

Here at work in Cedar Key today we've had brief downpours with winds averaging 25 with some gusts in the 40's. Multiple streets have been flooded out and docks destroyed. The only road into Cedar Key - SR 24 flooded last night with high tide and is predicted to do the same tonight. Expecting more flooding in the surrounding area as Debby passes close to us tonight. Also, in the area, the town of Chiefland had numerous sink holes open up suddenly.

OcalaKT
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Jun 26 2012 08:19 PM

Marion County has just seen rain off and on all day. The sun has tried to break through a few times. By far the worse day was Sunday because it rained non-stop. Numerous sink holes throughout the county and flooding in the usual low lying areas.

berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Tue Jun 26 2012 08:23 PM
Debby making landfall south of Steinhatchee, FL

Debby is making landfall as of 26/2030Z...1630 EDT just south of Steinhatchee, FL and will be near or over Cross City, FL later this evening. Debbie's center and overall circulation has become elongated with most of the convection over land to the north and over the Atlantic Ocean where it is interacting with a surface front and the long wave trough.

Joeyfl
(Weather Guru)
Wed Jun 27 2012 12:12 AM
Re: Debby making landfall south of Steinhatchee, FL

Well TD Debby is now moving more to southeast is located right over Cedar key and this is reflected by 997mb pressure there. After coming just barely ashore in Dixie county.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center