MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Apr 01 2024 11:00 AM
2024 Predictions

June 1st this will lock down.

Mine is high (for me) 21-9-4

Although others and CSU's prediction are coming on April 4th.

Site updates for 2024 will be showing up over April. I've been trying to move the site to a different server but that's not been going well so far.

B.C.Francis
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Apr 23 2024 02:42 PM
Re: 2024 Predictions

I'm going with 22-10-7. It wouldn't surprise me if 1or 2 of the hurricanes go super major with Cat 5 or higher ??? like Dorian or Typhoon Tip to mention a couple of monsters. Cat 6 cyclone is not out of the realm in both basins Pacific and Atlantic. Good luck to all.

ftlaudbob
(Storm Chaser)
Sat Apr 27 2024 05:40 PM

This season could be crazy! I am going with 22 11 6

rmbjoe1954
(Weather Master)
Tue May 07 2024 12:51 PM

I am going with 24-14-7. Watch out Florida! I see that the Bermuda High will be parked somewhat further west than last year and with the onset of La Nina and warm SST I see there is no way for Florida or the GOM to be out of harm's way. Good luck to us all. be prepared.

Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Fri May 10 2024 03:41 PM

I think it's going to be an active season, but not quite active enough to require going into the new list (I'm sad, I really liked the alpha, beta, gamma, list... it let you know we were having a very unusual seasons). I think the Multi-Decadal Oscillation is starting to decline in the Atlantic, but it's hard to be sure with the overall SST temperatures rising. We're also moving from an El Nino, to a La Nina pattern.

18 Named Storms, 8 Hurricanes, 5 Major Hurricanes.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center