Cycloneye
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Jun 10 2004 01:36 AM
About the stars

ED I have a question about how those stars that are at the nickname of many members are posted?

Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Jun 10 2004 01:43 AM
Re: About the stars

The stars under your name is a rating system from other users. If you click on the users name and go to the bottom of the page you can rate the user between 1 and 5. You can do the same for the threads also. The system will only allow you to rate the user or thread only once.

-John

Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Thu Jun 10 2004 01:59 AM

Also, if you move your cursor over the 'stars' for a particular individual, it will show you the total number of ratings that the individual has received. The star rating that is shown is the average of all of the ratings received for that individual.
Cheers,
ED

Cycloneye
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Jun 10 2004 10:59 AM

Thank you both for answering.

LI Phil
(User)
Thu Jun 10 2004 11:08 PM
One Star For C-Eye

OK, that's it.

Cycloneye, I'm giving you a one star rating

Just kidding, I already rated you a five!

Cheers & Peace,

LI Phil

LI Phil
(User)
Fri Jun 11 2004 12:35 AM
ED & John C. Stars

Actually, what amazes me is that ED & John C. don't have 5 star ratings. What lame users gave you ratings of less than that? I can totally see why I'm three stars...I talk too much, but c'mon. Ed, John & Mike should have perfect ratings from each and every user! Were it not for them, we wouldn't have this forum at all!

Keep up the great work guys!

Cheers & Peace,

LI Phil

James88
(Weather Master)
Fri Jun 11 2004 09:12 PM
Re: ED & John C. Stars

Well said, Phil. These guys do a great job here. I'm surprised that they don't have 5 star ratings, but then I suppose people are entitled to their opinions. Also, since you can only rate someone once, maybe people wanted to up their rating later on but couldn't.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center