Allison
(Weather Guru)
Mon Sep 20 2004 03:47 AM
Number of Messages Displayed

Hi! During the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that when I log on, there are many, many fewer messages listed on the boards than when I visit the site without logging in.

At first, I thought it was my imagination. But when I visited the site this evening without logging in, there were 24 pages of replies on the main "talkback" board. But when I went back and logged in, there were only 17 pages of replies.

Am I making sense?

Could I have accidentally switched something on that filters out half the board? I don't have any usernames on my "ignore" list....

Allison

Clark
(Meteorologist)
Mon Sep 20 2004 04:46 AM
Re: Number of Messages Displayed

I think Mike changed the "posts per page" setting globally for all registered users a few weeks back to reduce load times. I thought it applied to everyone, including non-registered users, but I could be wrong.

Allison
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 21 2004 04:21 PM

Thanks, Clark! I thought it might be something like that, but I wasn't quite sure....

Allison

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Tue Sep 21 2004 07:36 PM

You can set how many posts are shown per paged if you log in, I reduced it for unregistered and new users to reduce load times/bandwidth. But if you had it set to the old value it would use that.

It's not fewer messages, just more shown per page.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center