TAZMAN
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Jul 25 2005 01:25 PM
Why does this occur

"You cannot make another search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page."

Almost every other time I refresh... and best I can tell, there are not that many of us here right now. Just wondering

Katie
(Weather Guru)
Mon Jul 25 2005 05:15 PM
Re: Why does this occur

You aren't alone. I get it and close out of it all together. Sometimes I can get it back to back a few times. I don't have much patience. Not sure why it does that. But, glad I am not alone.

Liz
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Jul 25 2005 06:27 PM

Katie & Tazman...same thing happens to me also

Liz

Tazmanian93
(Weather Master)
Mon Jul 25 2005 06:54 PM

I get the same and just go back to the Main Page and go back in

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Jul 25 2005 07:52 PM

What are you all clicking on to see that? Is it the "Newest" button?

Searches are the most cpu intensive part of the forum section of the site. So there's a limit to them, the "Newest" link uses a search to show the posts.

I adjusted some things, let me know if that still happens often and where.

TAZMAN
(Weather Watcher)
Tue Jul 26 2005 10:22 AM

Mike.... still happens, and yes, it seems to be the newest button. That is what I use when I am jumping back and forth. Totally understand your side, I was just making sure it wasn’t an issue on my end.... Don't put too much effort into it... I can wait a few !

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center