Random Chaos
(Weather Analyst)
Mon Aug 13 2007 03:26 PM
Edit BBCode formatting

When you edit a post, the preview BBCode isn't parsed, so you see things like [ url=http://somelink]Some Link[ /url] instead of the actual link.

Any chance of getting this fixed?

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Aug 13 2007 08:50 PM
Re: Edit BBCode formatting

I'll work on this tonight or tomorrow night.

I did fix the "spam word" error for unregistered users entering new posts (It was a cross-session issue).

Random Chaos
(Weather Analyst)
Tue Aug 14 2007 04:35 AM

Ah.

I'm assuming the edit preview page simply isn't calling the formatting function. Should be fairly simple, if UBB nowdays is anything like vB or PHPBB.

I haven't used UBB since it was CGI + text files for data. That wasn't fun when things messed up

And for the record: I hate fixing cross-session issues.

MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Tue Aug 14 2007 06:26 AM

This was fixed. I've heavily modified the rendering code here, and have rewritten huge chunks of the ubb software already -- flhurricane is mostly custom stuff, this was easy to miss, but pretty easy to fix.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center