MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Fri Jun 01 2007 10:36 PM
Barry Conditions in Your Area

This is to kick off reports from your area,

In Orlando next to Universal Studios, the rain is currently light, with a slight breeze.

KC
(Weather Hobbyist)
Fri Jun 01 2007 10:44 PM
Re: Barry Conditions in Your Area

Greetings from Naples, FL and welcome back to all! I'm actually in Central Collier County (inland), 8 miles from Ave Maria. We've had rain all day, light until about 4pm, about 1/2 inch total. Winds are ESE 11 gusting to 23. NBC-2's chief meteorologist is calling it "Beneficial Barry" since we so desperately need the rain.

Karen

TS2
(Verified CFHC User)
Fri Jun 01 2007 10:47 PM

Hello from College Park in Orlando, Florida.

Conditions are light rains with hardly any wind at all.

Have a great night everybody!!!

AdrianInFlorida
(Verified CFHC User)
Fri Jun 01 2007 11:06 PM

Indialantic, FL (15 mi. South of Cocoa Beach, Due east of Melbourne), ENE Winds 15-20, alternating between blowing drizzle, and some sporadic heavier rains.

Jane219ga
(Registered User)
Fri Jun 01 2007 11:23 PM

Nice light rain here in Valrico. A friend and I were down at the outlet mall in Ellenton.....rain started pretty good around 2:30.......got to Valrico and there had not been too much rain. Winds are pretty non-existent (compared to the strong easterly gusts of the past week or so). All in all, it is a nice soaking kind of rain. Did Central Florida ever need this kind of system!!!!

rmbjoe1954
(Weather Master)
Fri Jun 01 2007 11:27 PM

Hello from Port Saint Lucie- we've had a nice steady rain fall since 4PM. What a blessing- God has shown Himself today- and will put an end to the drought once and for all. I hope we have more Barrys in our future!!

Sarasota3G
(Registered User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 12:43 AM

Here in Sarasota, 3 miles from the water: Light rain, light wind. Barometer is at 29.72 and dropping, down from 29.95 at noon. Temperature has dropped to 67 degrees and also slowly dropping.

allan
(Weather Master)
Sat Jun 02 2007 01:05 AM

Here in Palm Coast, FL (about 10 miles north of Daytona), it is drizzling with some breezy conditions.

Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jun 02 2007 01:05 AM

Plant City (20 miles east of Tampa). Rain was slow to start. Very light sprinkles from about 2:30 to about 4:00. Then it has been a pretty steady drizzle to steady shower since then. No wind to speak of and we have accumulated about 0.30 inches so far today. My uncalibrated barometer shows 29.88 in for what it's worth. Looking for 1-2 inches tonight and another 1-2 tomorrow. I really don't worry about the wind here. 40-50 usually doesn't cause us too many problems in this area (or at least didn't during Frances and Jeanne).

dem05
(User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 02:37 AM

Here is Charlotte County it started drizzling at about 10AM. By 10:30 the rain became more steady. The overall rainfall has ranged from intermittent breaks and intermintent drizzlewithlonger periods of light to moderate rain. Tome, this rain has been ideal because we have not had any deluge events as of yet, so the rain we are getting is providing a nice soaking. Windwise, I would say thatthe breeze really started to pick uparound 6:30PM, but so far, this breeze has been comparable to what we have seen over the last few weeks under that high pressure ridge. Based on the looks of the track over the last few hours, if that track keeps up, the center will move either directly over us or just to the north...so I suspect it will be a bit (maybe a tad more than a bit)gustier in the morning. I hope madmumbler will have a chance to chime in from over on the peninsula as well. Mumbler probably lives only about 10 miles away from me (i reference that based on the fact that my parents live in Englewood East, which is on the penninsula). I imagine that combined reports would make for a fairly comprehensive report in Charlotte County should Barry decide to cross land in this neck of the woods.

floridafamily
(Registered User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 03:11 AM

Here, in Englewood, we've had rains on and off since about 11am. The rain has been heavier and almost constant since about 6. Although listening outside right now, it sounds like it's calming down. There's been a pretty nice breeze for the last few hours. I'm just so glad it's raining, as I know many are!

Bev
(Weather Guru)
Sat Jun 02 2007 03:18 AM

Conditions in Cortez, FL on Palma Sola Bay near Bradenton. Light drizzle and rain from noon-9pm. Heavy rain from 9-9:45. We've had 1.3 inches so far and are thankful for it! My grass is saying "Ahhhhhhhh"

Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jun 02 2007 04:04 AM

Just went out to check the 'real' rain gauge (the remote one can be quite off), and found just over an inch!! Rain has been steady showers for the past hour and a half, but still not a lot of wind. My barometer has dropped by 0.08 in in the past 4 hours. Let it rain!!

jbmusic
(Weather Watcher)
Sat Jun 02 2007 04:08 AM

As Bev said here in East Bradenton steady rain from about 3 to 9 and now a stronger rain has moved in. It is great I can hear my grass and flowers gulping the water

AdrianInFlorida
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 08:44 AM

Since about 0330 this morning the winds have really picked up here in Indialantic/MLB. Steady, sustained winds that seem to be in the 25-30 MPH, and alot more rain.

Genesis
(Weather Guru)
Sat Jun 02 2007 08:55 AM
Re: Day 1. Tropical Storm Barry Forms in Gulf of Mexico

We are IN IT off Miami on the Liberty Of The Seas RIGHT NOW!

Its freaking HOWLING out here. Ship's instruments are showing south winds of 50-58mph STEADY; we're basically holding station intending to dock this morning. IMHO they'd have to be NUTS to run the inlet in this crap, but heh, I've seen more insane things done.

I have no idea what the sea state is - its still dark - but it sure isn't "nice" - we're getting tossed around quite nicely on this 1100 footer.

There's stuff flying all over the top exposed deck on the ship - I'm in the solarium with my laptop and have a good signal, so far, so good..... just coming back after a nice Caribbean vacation.

The drive home today ought to be REAL pleasant. NOT!

50mph storm my ***. The wind has been in the 50+mph range for close to an hour now and we're what - 100+ miles from the core?

damejune2
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jun 02 2007 09:07 AM

I'm on my patio as i type this and there is a slight breeze, but no rain and no howling winds. I have a weather station and winds are 3-4 mph. Today is my birthday.....first time since being in Florida (1987) that we had to contend with a storm on my birthday. I am in Bradenton which is about, i don't know....70-100 miles south from projected landfall.

gsand
(Weather Watcher)
Sat Jun 02 2007 10:59 AM

My first post! In Palm Bay, very overcast right now, breezy from the SE about 15-20. Rain gauge shows 5.6 in so far. We had a very heavy cell around 3:30 with some limbs down and 2 bird feeders blown over. Usual drainage issues in Palm Bay for anything over 0.5 inch, but not anything bad. Grass says "Thanks, Mother Nature!"

flarrfan
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 11:44 AM

Dead calm at 7:45 in western Hernando County, ten miles inland from the coast. Weather station barometer says 29.55 and falling. Awaiting arrival of squall line now entering north Pinellas County. About 2 inches of rain overnight, thank you Barry much!

allan
(Weather Master)
Sat Jun 02 2007 11:52 AM

Ok now I just wioke and and saw some flare up with Barry and noticed he's not a weak TS like I thought he would be... It is raining steadly here in Palm Coast, FL... under a tornado watch and the wind is picking up.

Ronn
(User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 11:54 AM

My original post from earlier...moved it here to the appropriate thread.

We are now under a tornado watch in central Florida. Here in Pinellas County, I am awaiting the arrival of a strong squall which is just offshore. NWS issued a special marine warning for a waterspout 13 miles southwest of Indian Rocks Beach. I am now hearing some rumbles of thunder.

The wind impact from Barry has been very minor so far in this area. I expect that we will see tropical storm force wind gusts around midday as the wind shifts onshore and the center passes a little to the north. I will head out to the beach to quantify the wind speed and survey the surge at that time.

*Just noticed a 38mph wind gust at Sand Key. Winds are still light a couple miles inland as heavy rain is now falling. More like a frontal squall line than anything else. Will probably be like Gordon in 2000 with most of the wind later today after the rain moves through.

Current conditions at Sand Key

Ned
(Weather Watcher)
Sat Jun 02 2007 12:29 PM

Squall line hitting Pinellas County coastline now.

doug
(Weather Analyst)
Sat Jun 02 2007 12:42 PM

sitting here in Parrish and the light rain has returned, and the wind has become more frisky and gusty...Pressure is 29.62 and steady...Waiting to see if that one band of heavy rain and wind will expand east towards us, it seems to be creeping closer as the actual center continues to move NE at 20.
I will post again in an hour.

DJINFLA
(Weather Watcher)
Sat Jun 02 2007 12:52 PM

Here in northern Indian River County we truly appreciate all the rain. Been raining almost since it started knocked over some "For Rent/Sale" signs, but that's all I've seen while walking the dog in the rain. Power did blink off/on just once. Overall, I think Barry is a welcomed visitor to the area.

damejune2
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jun 02 2007 12:53 PM

No rain in my area but winds are 12-15 gusts to 34 on my station.

Prospero
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jun 02 2007 12:57 PM

Gulfport, FL - A strong squall has been over us for about 20 minutes and the rain is intense. My backyard is flooded and the street in front of my house is as full of water as I have ever seen it. (Moved here last September.)

Thunder is sporadic, but impressive. The wind gusts to just over 20 in the area so far.

Sheeper
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Jun 02 2007 01:01 PM

here on the Barrier Island in Vero Beach we got pounded by rain overnight. I've not been able to run my pool skimmer for more than a month due to low water level. Today the pool is full. We had OVER 4 INCHES overnight.
Hooray!
this morning it is cloudy, with some fading sun and a light breeze....no rain.

Barry was a quick and welcome visitor for the opening of the 2007 season.

Southern4sure
(Weather Guru)
Sat Jun 02 2007 01:12 PM

I live in Pasco county (Land O Lakes) which is just north of Tampa and it looks like the path of Barry will come over my house. I'm only worried about possible tornadoes. Rain was slow to start with on Friday afternoon but from about 4 pm friday until now a nice steady rain has been falling. Absolutely no wind at this moment, just beautiful rain.

bamffl
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 01:23 PM

Tampa (Oldsmar) area - Brief periods of heavy rain, but not very windy at all. My $4 rain gauge reports around 3 to 3 1/2 inches, so far.

gbass
(Registered User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 01:48 PM

I'm on the northern edge, in Homosassa. Rain, glorious, rain! brief moderate showers, wind aroung 3-5 mph. We've had close to 2 inches in our area. My ducks are deliriously happy and well so am I.

doug
(Weather Analyst)
Sat Jun 02 2007 01:59 PM

ok, back again and the center of Barry is immediately to our west... the heaviest weather has missed this area of northeast Manatee county to our north, sun is starting to emerge and the cloud cover is breaking, but winds remain frisky and gusty from the west now ...pressure never dropped below 29.62.. the chance for the squall line to continue into this area is diminishing as the heavy rain lifts to the north...there is another band right on the periphery of the center that may blow through here as it passes by. so far not more than 1.5 inches overnight.

madmumbler
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jun 02 2007 02:20 PM

Well, the sun just came out here in w. Charlotte county, but the wind has REALLY picked up. It's ripping some pretty good gusts. I don't have a wind gauge, so I can't tell you exactly what. But it's picked up.

flarrfan
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

pressure never dropped below 29.62.

Low of 29.49 here in Spring Hill about an hour ago, now back up to 29.51. Some wind gusts in the upper 20's, but almost no rain since daybreak. Looks like heavier stuff both west and east of here.

kasdanr
(Registered User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 03:00 PM

Beautiful sunshine and turquoise waters out here offshore from Pine Island, and the winds have settled down to 20 kts or so.
The tide is extremely high, and we're still 3 hours from full. the yard is submerged, and I guess I'll find out if the shrubs I planted this Spring are truly salt-tolerant. ;^)
The night was a wild one, with wind and slashing rains, but around 4:30 AM a beautiful full moon lit everything up so I could see that all the boats were where they're supposed to be.
We are very thankful for the rain.
Welcome to the 2007 Storm Season...

Littlebit
(Weather Watcher)
Sat Jun 02 2007 03:46 PM

Here in Plant City, we've had close to 2 and 1/2 inches of rain. No wind to speak of right now and a light drizzle going on. Had some good quick downpours earlier today.

Here's hoping we all have a safe and relatively quiet hurricane season.

Donna

Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jun 02 2007 04:00 PM

Rain gauge has 2.75in in it this morning. We had steady rain most of the night and missed most of that really strong band that hit Pinellas county. Barometer is showing 29.53in which overall improves my opinion of my cheap barometer. Not much wind although I can hear some swirling in the trees. Just a light mist/drizzle (what I call TS rain) falling now. The LLC is supposed to be very close to the northwest of us right now and a small band of light rain is forming to move over us. Great rain event!! Maybe we could do exactly this again next week??

SoFlA1A
(Registered User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 04:47 PM

SE Boca Raton, steady rain overnight until about 6 am, 4.78 in total.
High wind gust 35mph at 12:20am, Low Bar 1006.3 mb at 4:54am.

ltpat228
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Jun 02 2007 05:39 PM

Here in St Lucie County, FL - Port St Lucie - about 35 miles east of Lake Okeechobee on the east coast - we're getting gusts at 35mph and a steady south wind at 23mph.
Rainfall was near 5.47" and has pretty much stopped; and we're also seeing bouts of sunshine yet by far, it is mostly cloudy and quite windy.

Ronn
(User)
Sat Jun 02 2007 07:26 PM

I had 5.5 inches of rain here in Seminole in western Pinellas County overnight and this morning. I ventured out to the beach in southern Pinellas County this morning and actually experienced the "eye" of Barry--really just a period of calm and clear skies. As of now, the winds are gusting to 25mph at my house with cloudy conditions.

Clark
(Meteorologist)
Sun Jun 03 2007 05:47 AM

Out of Barry, we had a couple of decent showers -- one Friday, one Saturday -- but mostly a lot of drizzle and light rain. The mid-level center of Barry headed this way and kept us from getting the gip entirely rainwise.

It was a typical tropical landfall day -- cloudy, breezy, cool, and damp. About 0.4" total and a high today in the low 70s.

CoconutCandy
(User)
Sun Jun 03 2007 11:33 AM
Attachment

Duplicate (and off topic) post removed.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center