WesnWylie
(Weather Guru)
Sun Jul 18 2010 08:59 PM
Several Waves in the Caribbean

I thought I would start a discussion centered on the Caribbean basin, seeing how this
area will likely be the focus for the next several days. There is a lot of waves worth watching.

My own thoughts are posted below.

WesnWylie
(Weather Guru)
Sun Jul 18 2010 09:15 PM
Re: Several Waves in the Caribbean

I have been particularly watching the area of convection in the Central Caribbean.
Although the shear is somewhat strong in this region, it continues to produce plenty
of storms. I personally give this area a slightly greater chance of developing
than its neighbor to the east of it, which is only at 10%. Why I give it a better chance
than the area that the NHC has highlighted, is due to the Central Caribbean wave
being totally removed from the SAL. Also, from what I can tell, the shear is forecast
to weaken some in a day or two for this wave.

I think the area near the Lesser Antilles will have decent shot at development in about
2 or 3 days, though.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center