F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Mr. Wizard
Unregistered

Very Strange!
      #12733 - Mon Sep 15 2003 07:53 PM

It all comes down to MONEY!!!
The government doesn't have any, and a storm of this size
will cost the state and the federal gov. tons of money.
I put nothing past this miserble Admin, they have done a fine job running America's name and stability into the dirt.
I don't trust ANY of them!, the difference between Europe and the US is, when the Europeans are over it they take to streets and DEMAND satisfaction. Most of us don't have the time or can't be bothered.
And if not DYNO-gel, or some other agent than what??
Why does the storm look so ragged in the last 12 hours?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
Re: Very Strange!
      #12734 - Mon Sep 15 2003 07:57 PM

Whoa, Mr. Wizard, what's with the conspiracy theories? Doesn't belong on this board. My comment was tongue-in-cheek -- don't take offense. BUT, if the gov't could control the weather, don't you think they'd a sent one into Fidel's compound? And don't tick of Mother Nature. We haven't heard from her in a while.

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

JEFF
Unregistered

#12735 - Mon Sep 15 2003 07:58 PM

hmm maybe you should contact art bell (artbell.com)
it does kinds look like grassy knoll or something ??

Beach
Unregistered

#12736 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:01 PM

LOL Phil,

I'm cool. I pick up the paper, or watch CNN and get all worked up.

Not so strange!
Unregistered

#12737 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:01 PM

Maybe the aliens from area 51 in rosewell flew into the bermuda triangle and blew up Isabel at the direction of sadam and osama. The problem with a conspiracy theory is you have to prove it saying I don't trust anyone or anything is possible doesn't cut it (all you weather experts remember the scientific method don't you?) This post courtesy of the lochness monster.

Wxwatcher2
Unregistered

#12738 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:03 PM

If you look closely, it's still a pretty healthy hurricane.
We were used to seeing a totally classic Cat 5 for several days so anything less looks really puny. However,
She is still spinning pretty good.

Her color is returning.

SandiaFlower
Unregistered

#12739 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:05 PM

Let's just not scare anyone needlessly......................lol

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Pearland,Tx
Make Up Your Mind!
      #12740 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:14 PM

I read all these posts about hoping Izzy would just fade out or make a huge NE turn and she has starting to do that (the fading part anyway) and it almost sounds like now there is some anger over it.Who really cares what has made her this way. Let's just be glad it has happened and hope it continues.

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: Make Up Your Mind!
      #12741 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:18 PM

Shawn: I'm quite happy IF she is really fading away. And, yes it does look that way. My only concern is if she is in still very warm water and in a favorable environment there exists at least the potential to reintensify. About that, I'm not happy. At this point I'll be grateful for some moderate TS winds and some heavy rain, rather than the possible alternative, which is a considerably stronger storm. If she just fades away...even better!

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

SandiaFlower
Unregistered

#12742 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:23 PM

She sure is impressive no matter what she is doing now. The warmer water does concern me..................let's just keep our level of caution up.

anyone seen or heard from JoeJax?

Steve H.
Unregistered

#12743 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:26 PM

Actually though, seems like she's beginning to go into an intensification again. Check the Dvorak loops. Drifting NNW.

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
      #12744 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:34 PM

What's causing Isabel to look so ragged is the dry air encroaching upon her from the west, not Dynagel or the administration or anything else. Besides, this isn't a forum to discuss your political beliefs anyway.

LI Phil...at the 3:50pm update I turned from FNC to TWC only to get Cheryl Lemke. Knowing I wouldn't get anything new out of her, I turned it back to Shepard Smith (who would be here with us if he could---he's a hurricane freak, too) and KAZAAM! There was Dr. Steve Lyons on with Shepard. His prediction for the 5pm update? CAT3, NNW motion .

Watching Shepard and Dr. Lyons interact with each other was kinda like watching the Tortoise and the Hare.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

John34
Unregistered

#12745 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:42 PM

What's dynagen?

LI Phil
User

Reged:
      #12746 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:45 PM

Thanks for the update, Colleen. No cable tv where I'm at, so won't get my TWC fix till 6:30ish. Funny how you sorta dissed Cheryl Lemke--how the mighty have fallen. Usta be on right before and right after Heather & Marshall with Rick Griffin. Now she gets afternoons and weekends. FNC=Fox News? Think Mr. Wizard watches the fair and balanced channel?

Back on topic, you said Lyons had her as a CAT 3 at landfall...where might that be and did he give a future track after landfall? Thanks. Guess the 5:00 is out by now.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

hypercane
Unregistered

#12747 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:52 PM

<<Why does the storm look so ragged in the last 12 hours?>>

How many intense storms over history that have taken this path, have maintained their Cat. 3+ status? To me, this seems very normal, for a storm that turned north at this location. Floyd also weakened considerably after it made that north turn, as have many other hurricanes.

I'm just kind of annoyed that some people are going to think that Cat. 2 Isabel is anywhere near Cat. 5 Isabel, in terms of destructive capability. For crying out loud, there are Seminole chickee huts that can withstand a Cat. 2. I was in Pinecrest for Andrew. Unless I lived very close to some body of water, I certainly wouldn't worry about Isabel in her weakened state. Yet if it approaches the Mid-Atlantic, the mass media is going to play the typical ratings/scare game, even if it's down to a 75mph hurricane by then.

stormchazer
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Central Florida
      #12748 - Mon Sep 15 2003 08:58 PM

I know we are all enthralled with Isabel and rightly so, but has anyone notice that conglomeration in the far western GOM?

--------------------
Jara

bobbi
Unregistered

norcross and philly keeps calling me
      #12750 - Mon Sep 15 2003 09:04 PM

Says surf will be very strong in Bahamas and surf in Palm Beach should be strong tomorrow...

Says track right now would be Cape Hatteras but slightest variation makes it Maryland or New Jersey.. ok no great hidden knowledge here... Water pouring in and up Cheasapeake Bay... Ewww not telling my daughter about his graphics for Philly/PA.

Daughter in Philly keeps calling...they have flood watches for the current rain from Henri remnants..

Amazing how we still can't pinpoint ..and might not be able to for days.. he exact angle of approach of Isabel.

Just so true... if it comes in at 11 angle or 11:15 or 11:30 or.. each slight variation puts whole new large metro areas into danger.

mbfly
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Mobile, Alabama
      #12752 - Mon Sep 15 2003 09:21 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth Stormchazer. I was going to ask the same thing, but you beat me to it. Does it look like anything is going to develop there ??

Storm Cooper
User

Reged:
Loc: Panama City , FL
      #12753 - Mon Sep 15 2003 09:30 PM

Pressures are still pretty high.

--------------------
Hurricane Season 2017 13/7/1

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Pearland,Tx
GOM
      #12754 - Mon Sep 15 2003 09:32 PM

Nothing to worry about in the western gulf. It's just a bunch of clouds with no organization to it. Atmosphere is not condusive for development anyway. More than likely will slowly die off the next day or so.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9251

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center