F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

The 2024 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins on June 1st and lasts until Nov 30th. NHC Outlooks resume on May 15th..
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 237 (Idalia) , Major: 237 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 237 (Idalia) Major: 237 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
HanKFranK
User

Reged:
Loc: Graniteville, SC
postseason blues
      #13781 - Mon Oct 20 2003 03:10 AM

if you're a yankees fan (having your annual chest-beating ritual at having yet again won with stacked odds) or a marlins fan (where were you all season?), you probably won't agree with me, but here's my middle-american take:
it was a great postseason; somehow the two historically cursed clubs had hacked their way into the postseason, and beaten better regular season teams to advance to the league championship series.. fought their way to critical game 7s...
then suddenly we're back in this monotonous routine. the symphony of building anticipation has broken back into the cacophonous warble of the best team money can buy and some wildcard upstart.. one with its horde of smug, conceited fans, the other with a legion of bandwagoners. long denied hearts in boston and chicago were again broken.. most of the rest of the country is just shaking its head. live it up again, new york and south florida... pure gluttony. just remember that you've bested worthier foes.
BOOOOOOO.
HF 0307z20october

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged:
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Re: postseason blues
      #13782 - Mon Oct 20 2003 11:27 AM

Hmmmm - well we know what HF is going to give the kids for Halloween - sour grapes Don't get too excited - I grew up in Massachusetts. Last time I saw a game in Fenway, some guy named Ted Williams hit a home run (for the younger set, I do remember somebody named Yaz). Since I now live in Florida, you know who I'm NOT rooting for (sorry Phil).
[...and thanks for putting this in the correct Forum].
Cheers,
ED

P.S. I knew BOOOOOOO!

Ed DunhamAdministrator

Reged:
      #13811 - Sun Oct 26 2003 03:25 PM

My Josh, Beckett you never thought this would happen! I think that the Yankees had a bad case of the Jeters. Everybody knows that you can't catch a Marlin in New York (too far north ).
ED

JustMe
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, Florida
      #13812 - Mon Oct 27 2003 01:00 PM

Marlins are my favorite Southern FIsh

YIPEE for the Marlins.....

Guess the season is over for baseball and the tropics?
Waiting and watching for next year

--------------------

I have survived Betsy Miss, Camille Miss., Andrew Fl, Charley Fl, Frances FL, Jeanne FL,

Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: W. Central Florida
Saints -vs- Buc's
      #13895 - Sun Nov 02 2003 10:03 PM

Wow Kevin that was a fast post!!!

OK Steve settle down now don't talk about Gruden (he's my football honey) What will make it better??? Should I send Haslett roses, a card or give him a big fat kiss on the cheek. Come on you have to admit, got a little tense toward the end of the game. Now put a smile on your face and see if there is anything else out there in the tropics that we need to watch. All in fun Steve, all in fun...!!!

--------------------
TONI

All of us could take a lesson from the weather:
It pays no attention to criticism

My 2003 Hurricane guess 13-9-3

Edited by 57497479 (Sun Nov 02 2003 10:04 PM)

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
Time to start a football war!!!!
      #13897 - Mon Nov 03 2003 01:46 AM

Saints 101:
After this season, Haslett=good as gone (no playoffs)
Saints=paper champions (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
Last season=Saints-December collapse-no playoffs
Bucs=Super Bowl champs
Super Bowl win is better than a 2-0 regular season record.
Thus, Bucs>Saints

Smack talk is all in fun! Let's not get too rowdy (remember, Saints<Bucs)

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Time to start a football war!!!!
      #13898 - Mon Nov 03 2003 01:48 AM

<----------------------------------------------------------Greatest football coach ever!

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
      #13899 - Mon Nov 03 2003 01:48 AM

<-------------------------------------------------- Gruden>Haslett

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
      #13900 - Mon Nov 03 2003 01:55 AM

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/christmas/paperbag/

Hey Saints fans...be sure to make some of these and wear them on your head to the next game. Stylish and functional, sport YOUR team's true identity!

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
      #13902 - Mon Nov 03 2003 02:08 AM

Hi Steve! Paper or plastic?

Elvis has left the building! Hey baby I hear the blues are calling tossed salads and scrambled eggs...good night New Orleans!

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
*cough*
      #13905 - Mon Nov 03 2003 03:51 AM

Well well well. What did I say was going to happen? The Saints in 2003 would continue their NFC mastery of the Tampa Bay Bucs whom we swept (as you all know ) in 2002. So I catch a ton of offseason crap from Kevin, and now some regular season crap. But guess what? We won again. And it shouldn't have been as close as it was (just like the last two times we beat you).

Face it. We OWN [tm] you. We OWN [tm] Gruden. He will not figure out a way to defeat a Haslett coached Saints team no matter how bad we otherwise suck. On those Sundays, we all know who will suck more.

So until December when we beat you guys again for 4 straight, I don't wanna hear it.

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
NY Sports...we're not good
      #13992 - Fri Nov 21 2003 08:42 PM

OK, so for most folks, just getting to the world series would be reason to celebrate, but with the Spankees, ya gotta WIN. So, 2003 was a failure from that standpoint. However, it was a great playoff series, and as HF said earlier, two cursed teams taking it to game 7. Doesn't get much better than that.

Both the Giants and Jets (I'm a Jets fan first, but I like the G-men too) SUCK. I can understand with Pennington going down how the Jets could fall flat, but the G-men were supposed to be playing in the NFC title game against the Bucs. Now we're playing an unwatchable Monday Night Game for the right to live for one more week before being slain.

Knicks...don't even get me started. Red Auerbach couldn't get this team to the playoffs. At least we're better than the Heat & Magic.

Islanders??? The jury's still out, but they'll probably squeak into the playoffs and lose in the first round again. At least we're better than the Rangers. 'nuff said.

BTW, the greatest coach ever was either Lombardi or Halas, and the greatest living and coaching coach is Parcells. Now that he's on the HATED COWBOYS, It kills me to say it, but he is a friggin miracle worker.

No more storms to track and losing sports teams...oh yeah, and I'm gettin' divorced...gonna be a long COLD winter for me.

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

LI Phil
User

Reged:
HEY KEVIN
      #13996 - Mon Nov 24 2003 04:46 PM

If you're reading this...tonight Bucs v. Giants. Loser goes home. Winner deludes itself into thinking it has a shot at the playoffs. Not gonna happen for either team. At the beginning of the season I circled this one as a preview of the NFC Championship game. Ha. Now it's the LOSER BOWL. Oh well. Maybe you can beat Steve's Aints next month.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: NY Sports...we're not good
      #13997 - Wed Nov 26 2003 03:06 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What a joke Phil. They're not going to beat the Saints unlike the giANTS they stomped on Monday. What a terrible game that was between two suck teams. We're going to sweep Tampa for the 2nd year in a row. While we're at it, we're going to demolish the Giants in a couple of weeks.

As to Basketball, at least one of our cities has a competitor. That's right, the New Orleans Hornets, currently 10-5.

Oh yeah, and LSU is top 3. I don't see any Florida or New York (Cornell? hahahahaha) teams anywhere near the BCS championship hunt.

Steve

--------------------

LI Phil
User

Reged:
No S---
      #13998 - Wed Nov 26 2003 03:32 PM

As far as I'm concerned, football season is now over until the playoffs begin. I could not watch the MNF game, and I'm glad I didn't. Only 3 months till Baseball Spring Training...

College football? I watch it a lot, but there's no team in the East worth rooting for. Cornell is in the Ivy League, so they actually do take a few titles...but they're not in the same class as the SEC, Big 10, Pac 10 etc divisions. I've always liked USC, and it looks like they're going to the Sugar, but one slip and LSU will get the bid. I'll be rooting for LSU in whatever bowl they play.

Sunday Night, December 14...giANTS vs. sAINTS. ESPN is probably bumming about that game now...hopefully for you, Steve, the AINTS will have a prayer of the playoffs. December 7 you guys play the Bucs...will it be 4 for 4?

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: No S---
      #14027 - Thu Dec 04 2003 09:09 PM

4-4 Hopefully Ed won't delete that part of my post

Steve

--------------------

LI Phil
User

Reged:
sAINTs v. Bucs
      #14029 - Thu Dec 04 2003 10:32 PM

Steve, Ed seems to be leaving all the posts unedited these days...maybe he doesn't know there's a TS out there (yeah, right). Yours should make it through OK. Wish I had DirecTV so I could watch the Bucs/Saints. Since, of the two, only the Saints have a prayer of making the playoffs, we'll see how they play. Gruden better get his ship straight fast or he'll be out the door like Dungy (and soon Bill Callahan).

I'll be sure to check in Monday to see if you or Kevin have the bragging rights. Have a good weekend in the warmth whilst I weather (pun firmly intended) a harsh noreaster.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Ed DunhamAdministrator

Reged:
Re: TS Odette
      #14037 - Fri Dec 05 2003 04:17 PM

Actually Phil, until last light I didn't knpw about Odette! Sorry for the lack of updates. In mid November I was on a business trip in California and ended up in the hospital for a week with a blocked colon. Thanksgiving dinner consisted of a tablespoon of sweet potato! Finally was well enough to travel and got back to Florida yesterday, but still pretty weak. I'll try to put something together on Odette tomorrow if possible. My gut hunch (pardon the pun) is that she may travel more to the east than to the northeast. Sure has been a memorable season. Thanks to all of you for keeping the site active during this seasonal swan song storm
Cheers,
ED

LI Phil
User

Reged:
      #14038 - Fri Dec 05 2003 04:49 PM

Thanks for the kind words, Ed. Hope you're feeling better now. Great site! Well, I'm about to hunker down for about 8" of snow this weekend. Great (not). Maybe Jim Cantore will show up in my neighborhood again...

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #14041 - Fri Dec 05 2003 09:25 PM

>>ended up in the hospital for a week with a blocked colon

Sorry to hear that Ed. Eat more fiber though . We own Tampa Bay so I guess I need to edit the tag line. Heh.

Steve

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7291

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center