F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

Archives 2010s >> 2012 Storm Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Plant City, Florida
Re: Debby Conditions in Your Area [Re: Lamar-Plant City]
      #92866 - Sun Jun 24 2012 06:13 PM

Conditions deteriorating rapidly here in the last 20 minutes. Very dark, rumbles of thunder, heavy rain and lots of wind. Tornado warning about 20 miles due south of where I am. Rougher looking band heading ashore in Pinellas. Anyone out there have a current report? News said 60mph wind gust out there!

--------------------
If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes...
2023 Season Prediction: 17/6/2

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
EaglezFan42
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: St Petersburg, FL (Jungle Terr...
      #92867 - Sun Jun 24 2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Conditions deteriorating rapidly here in the last 20 minutes. Very dark, rumbles of thunder, heavy rain and lots of wind. Tornado warning about 20 miles due south of where I am. Rougher looking band heading ashore in Pinellas. Anyone out there have a current report? News said 60mph wind gust out there!

Lamar... it's been quiet here in St. Pete (Bay Pines/Madeira Beach area) for the past hour or so... but starting to hear the thunder and see dark clouds moving in off the Gulf with this next band.

NPR16
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: West Coast Florida
Re: Debby Conditions in Your Area [Re: EaglezFan42]
      #92871 - Sun Jun 24 2012 07:31 PM

Pouring like crazy!!!! here!!!! I would say we have had gusts to TS strength and many Doppler indicated spin up Tornadoes. No verification of touchdowns as of yet.

--------------------
Visit ABC ACTION NEWS WEATHER CHAT usually @7pm daily http://www.abcactionnews.com/generic/wea...ws-weather-team

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Debby Conditions in Your Area [Re: NPR16]
      #92874 - Sun Jun 24 2012 08:06 PM

Freeman

Reged:
Loc: Big Bend-Perry,Taylor Co. FL
Re: Debby Conditions in Your Area [Re: NPR16]
      #92875 - Sun Jun 24 2012 08:09 PM

Location 51 miles S.E. of Tallahassee, 7 miles N.E. of Keaton Beach as the crow flies.
We've had about 3 inches of rain in our area in the past 24 hours. It's letting up now and the winds are picking up.
Steady winds at 15 to 18 mph, getting gusty though. Wonder if that's all the rain we'll see here from Debby?

BossDog

Reged:
Loc: Largo,Fl
Re: Debby Conditions in Your Area [Re: MikeC]
      #92876 - Sun Jun 24 2012 08:19 PM

It's been pouring off and on all day here in Pinellas county. Seven inches in my gauge till this point.

Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Debby Conditions in Your Area [Re: Freeman]
      #92877 - Sun Jun 24 2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Location 51 miles S.E. of Tallahassee, 7 miles N.E. of Keaton Beach as the crow flies.
We've had about 3 inches of rain in our area in the past 24 hours. It's letting up now and the winds are picking up.
Steady winds at 15 to 18 mph, getting gusty though. Wonder if that's all the rain we'll see here from Debby?

I really doubt it at this point. She seems to want to get 'up close and personal' with the Big Bend/Panhandle area.
Love the picture of Ballast Point. Looks like tide there is 3 or 4 feet above normal at least. We are up to almost an inch and a half in the rain gauge (that's 0.9 since my last post) but still haven't had and REALLY heavy weather. Had to clear my gutters with a metal pipe. Hearing thunder. The storms to my west seem to be pulsing a bit. They were really strong about 2 hours ago, but wound down a bit. Now on the upswing again....just in time to arrive here.

--------------------

Littlebit
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Plant City, FL
      #92882 - Sun Jun 24 2012 09:52 PM

Sunshine Skyway Bridge has been closed due to high winds. It takes 40mph sustained winds to force it to be shut down. Wind here in Plant City is beginning to pick up a little. Just got a gust of 21.5mph. Not bad, but highest one yet.

MichaelA
Weather Analyst

Reged:
Loc: Pinellas Park, FL
Re: Debby Conditions in Your Area [Re: Littlebit]
      #92884 - Sun Jun 24 2012 10:22 PM

Just back from Floral City. What a drive down I-75! About 40 minutes at 30-40 MPH in torrential rain from SR50 to the I-75/I-275 apex. Home to a flooded back yard and an overflowing rain gauge which means that over 6" of rain since this morning here in central Pinellas County. Glad to be home safe and glad I got to spend some time with my mom.

--------------------
Michael

PWS

EaglezFan42
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Re: Debby Conditions in Your Area [Re: MichaelA]
      #92888 - Sun Jun 24 2012 10:39 PM

Here are some photos coming in from friends across St. Pete...

Gulfport: (Bay is to the left in the image)

Pinellas Park:

Here in St. Pete, it's been off and on for the past few hours.
Strong bands coming onshore every 30-45 minutes.
St. Pete streets flood in a normal summer afternoon thunderstorm, so many roads are impassable already.

MichaelA
Weather Analyst

Reged:
      #92889 - Sun Jun 24 2012 10:43 PM

Where is that in Pinellas Park? I'm in SE Pinellas Park (near Park Place Mall) and there is no flooding here.

--------------------
Michael

PWS

EaglezFan42
Weather Watcher

Reged:
      #92891 - Sun Jun 24 2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Where is that in Pinellas Park? I'm in SE Pinellas Park (near Park Place Mall) and there is no flooding here.

Belcher and 142nd Ave... I guess that's more Largo area... I'm not too familiar with that area.

MichaelA
Weather Analyst

Reged:
      #92893 - Sun Jun 24 2012 11:00 PM

Yeah, that would be Southeast Largo just north of Pinellas Park's city limits. It is a low area that doesn't drain well.

--------------------
Michael

PWS

Cindi
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Loc: Panama City, FL
      #92895 - Sun Jun 24 2012 11:46 PM

Windy, rainy, and nasty outside right now. Small branches down and sproadic power outages in the area.

Littlebit
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Plant City, FL
      #92896 - Sun Jun 24 2012 11:48 PM

Lamar, check channel 10 news. Tornado warning and rotation heading towards Thonotosassa, pretty close to us. Eastern Hillsborough county needs to pay attention, they said.

Colleen A.

Reged:
Loc: Florida
      #92909 - Mon Jun 25 2012 01:23 AM

Just had a few palm fronds fly off and hit the pool screen. I live in South Lakeland. Wind is not too bad, but rain is getting heavier. Hope our big oak in the front makes it through the night. There is some really ugly stuff coming our way. We just got a wind gust of 35mph.

--------------------
You know you're a hurricane freak when you wake up in the morning and hit "REFRESH" on CFHC instead of the Snooze Button.

Joeyfl
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: St.Pete,FL
Re: Debby Conditions in Your Area [Re: Colleen A.]
      #92911 - Mon Jun 25 2012 01:40 AM

This is really going into the record books especially with respect to rainfall here in bay area. And just in past hour a Tornado came ashore near Tierra Verde and St.Pete beach areas. It was caught on camera and looked fairly large and quite a bit of damage in the the area. It came right over my house but thankfully it just lifted before reaching us but measured winds 51mph and tree limbs are down in my yard.

Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #92913 - Mon Jun 25 2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Lamar, check channel 10 news. Tornado warning and rotation heading towards Thonotosassa, pretty close to us. Eastern Hillsborough county needs to pay attention, they said.

Been watching most of the afternoon. We have been fortunate here. Nothing too bad, but I dumped 2.1in out of the gauge an hour ago (since 9am) and we have a heavy line over us right now. No thunder with it but sound like lots of wind (I need a wind gauge!!).....and now the rain has slacked off so the line is past (see my signature at the bottom). Could be an interesting drive to Zephyrhills in the am.

Michael, glad you had safe travels to mom's and back! Been a lot of bad weather along that route today! Seems the big question now is how quickly Debby is going to fling herself upon the shores of our state. NHC says Thursday, but I don't there is any way it takes that long. BayNews9 Viper says late tomorrow...probably somewhere in between. Stay dry, all!!

--------------------

gsand
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Palm Bay, FL 28.00N 80.38W
Re: Debby Conditions in Your Area [Re: MikeC]
      #92928 - Mon Jun 25 2012 03:48 AM

Palm Bay here...light rain, 1.2' since 9 am. Light winds now, but a few gusts up around 15-20 or so, baro 29.84.

Melbourne radar is showing a line approaching the Brevard-Osceola border, can hear thunder in the distance. Tornado watch and Sig Weather Warning.

Stay safe and dry everyone!

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hazel 1954 Camille 1969 Agnes 1972 Bob 1991 Erin 1995 Charley 2004 Frances 2004 Jeanne 2004 Matthew 2016 Irma 2017
2021 Forecast- 15/6/3

JoshuaK
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Lakeland, FL
Re: Debby Conditions in Your Area [Re: gsand]
      #92934 - Mon Jun 25 2012 11:47 AM

Lakeland area here; last night in South Lakeland at work it wasn't too bad, steady rain at 11PM, then no rain from 12AM to 4AM, then steady rain from then on till now. Commute to and from work showed light street flooding on Hwy 98, with several retention ponds about to burst their banks. A fair amount of 3-6" branch and twig debris on the north side of town, also noted someone who had erected several tent covers in their backyard only to have them scattered all over the place this morning.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 18053

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center