F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Metairie, LA
Re: Tony,Tony,Tony
      #2541 - Mon Sep 02 2002 06:35 PM

No problem. I ain't squat. I'm just a denizen of the tropics like the rest of you. I'll gladly sacrifice a minor injury for a landfall, but that would have to be scrapes, cuts and bruises ONLY.

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Hey Shawn
      #2542 - Mon Sep 02 2002 06:35 PM

You know my opinion on models.... Unfortunately my wife won't let me have any .... geesh

Steve, Ive been watching the GOM for the past 24 hours, northern edge has a nice curvature to it, but nothing yet to get it kick started... sure looks like it wants to get something going....

If old Eddie cross Fl, enters the GOM, develops into a major hurricane, then I'll start paying more attention to the GFDL... but this year its been a very poor performer... Hey, I certainly don't know where it going, so I end up getting abused by the models just like everyone else... they're all we got.... should be an interesting next week to say the least...

Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: W. Central Florida
Re: Tropical Depression 5 forms 130 miles ESE of Daytona
      #2543 - Mon Sep 02 2002 06:47 PM

We're having a terrible storm here in the St. Pete area.

Steve could be right. Fl is starting to look like lunch meat between 2 slices of bread. : Toni

--------------------
TONI

All of us could take a lesson from the weather:
It pays no attention to criticism

My 2003 Hurricane guess 13-9-3

StormHound
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Hey Shawn
      #2544 - Mon Sep 02 2002 06:50 PM

The southwest track is really starting to look likely. The question, as always, is how long he takes to start moving. The GFDL has Eddie turning into a Cat 2 or 3 before landfall, by my calculations. If the GFDL is right on target long range (very doubtful, of course) New Orleans may finally get that scary one we've always talked about. An interesting week lies ahead!

--------------------
Storm Hound
Computer Geek

Joe
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: St.Petersburg,FL
Re: Hey Shawn
      #2545 - Mon Sep 02 2002 07:26 PM

I'am not even about to try an say where eddie will end up. But believe a west or southwest track is ok to go with for now. Considering local NWS's offices seem to agree. Hopefully we will start to see a clearer picture over the next couple of days.

Bruce
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
      #2546 - Mon Sep 02 2002 07:34 PM

I have heard that the Tropical Storm Warning has been lowered into North Florida. Anyone else hear this?

Joe
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #2547 - Mon Sep 02 2002 07:38 PM

No Bruce haven't heard that. If they do anyting it wouldn't be until later this afternoon. Think they can go ahead and drop georgia TS warning though. Who did you hear that from Bruce?

Bruce
Weather Guru

Reged:
      #2548 - Mon Sep 02 2002 07:44 PM

A Chat Room

Bruce
Weather Guru

Reged:
      #2549 - Mon Sep 02 2002 07:45 PM

Said they heard it on TV, maybe they meant it would be at 5pm

Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: W. Central Florida
      #2550 - Mon Sep 02 2002 07:50 PM

Hey Bruce, Have't heard any thing but I have been off the computer for a while and unable to listen to TWC. The last I heard was that Ed was starting to move E -SE so it will only make since if he continues in that direction that they will at least have to extend the watch/warning area farther down the coast. Will be back on line soon again. Keep us informed. Toni

--------------------
TONI

All of us could take a lesson from the weather:
It pays no attention to criticism

My 2003 Hurricane guess 13-9-3

Alan
Unregistered

New GDFL
      #2551 - Mon Sep 02 2002 07:51 PM

The new GFDL has Eddie entering at Palm Coast, going down I-4 and stalling around Tampa. It then has it very slowly moving up the coast as a cat 1.
That is the last thing Florida needs as we are flooded in many places.

troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: cocoa beach
Re: Gulf beginning to brew?
      #2552 - Mon Sep 02 2002 08:03 PM

palm coast has a toll bridge or at least use to so unless he has change he may not get far!

Mary K.
Weather Guru

Reged:
Re: New GDFL
      #2553 - Mon Sep 02 2002 08:05 PM

Is the GFDL the outliar in the model systems? I am talking statistical outlyer not out and out falsehood prognosticator. Because the only pressure readings I am getting anywhere are not very low. Is there any more reliable models out there and what are they saying? I can't read them. Not educated enough.

--------------------
weather is all you can count on, good or bad.

troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: cocoa beach
Re: pressure drop
      #2554 - Mon Sep 02 2002 08:26 PM

Pressures at the 41010 (120 miles E of C Canaveral) have drop from 29.96 at 11am to 29.88 at 4pm

at 41009 just of Cape Canavera pressure has droped from 29.97 at 11am to 29.90 at 4pm... the biggest or most stustained pressure drop trend with this yet...

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
      #2555 - Mon Sep 02 2002 08:33 PM

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-vis-loop.html

Still looks 'mostly' stationary but perhaps a jog a bit to the ENE is evident in the last couple of frames.

Quasi-tropical day here in the Crescent City. It's been overcast and a little breezy today. Several shower bands have been moving E to W across areas of SE LA and Coastal MS. There is a nice arc just south of the coast that would represent a stregthening eyewall if this was a classified storm. This might be good to know down the line, especially if a low pressure gets on the map tomorrow as I suspect it will. We'll stay on the wet side for a couple of days, but this would probably be a SW LA/TX problem down the line. Of course the building convection may not be a diurnal or timing thing more than energy from the wave to it's S and SW entraining some potency, but it's still worth noting.

Surface winds at the buoys show that spin is evident from some of the NNE/N winds on Upper TX Coast to the E/NE winds in the north central Gulf to some of the SSW winds further south off the TX Coast.

Steve

--------------------

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Gulf beginning to brew?
      #2556 - Mon Sep 02 2002 08:39 PM

yep we do have the toll bridge still here in Palm Coast (costs me an arm and a leg to get to work everyday!) Sure hope "Eddy" decides on another location to visit and this forecast track does not varify.........so many residents of Flagler county think we are immune to a landfall from the east.... Enjoy the hol's all

Joe
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #2557 - Mon Sep 02 2002 08:42 PM

Models in fair agreement with differences in strength. This should prove to be one intresting week!

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
Edouard's movement and what it may mean for future intensity.
      #2558 - Mon Sep 02 2002 08:52 PM

Edouard was moving east as of 2:00 P.M. It looks to me like this could mean more of a central Florida hit than a northern one. This is simply because the loop would occur further offshore. This could also allow for intensification into a hurricane even!
Any thoughts? Off to check Melbourne NWS discussion. 5:00 PM NHC update comming soon as well.

Kevin

Kevin
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: EC Florida
NWS Melbourne discussion
      #2559 - Mon Sep 02 2002 08:56 PM

They seem fairly uncertain on possible local wind/tornado impacts. One thing appears certain though: plenty of rain.
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/MIA/AFD/MIAAFDMLB.RECENT.txt

Kevin

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Hey Shawn,
      #2560 - Mon Sep 02 2002 09:23 PM

You awake over there?

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/trop-atl.html#GMEX

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-vis-loop.html

(only good for another hour or so)

http://seaboard.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/WestGulf.shtml

Pressures still falling. 42001 (Mid Gulf) at 29.87 S10; 42041(North Mid Gulf) 29.95 SE @ 13.6k; BURL1 (Buras) 29.91SE 15; 42002 (25.17 x 94.42) 29.94 N 7.8k.

Steve

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 13509

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center