F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 238 (Idalia) , Major: 238 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 238 (Idalia) Major: 238 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
CFHCAdministrator

Reged:
Loc: East Central Florida
Tropical Depression Six forms in Northwest Gulf
      #2818 - Thu Sep 05 2002 10:27 PM

Edouard was the storm that tried to get going, but just never got it together. Landfall was mostly a non event except for some rain in relatively spotty areas. It was the storm that would have been much more a problem without the saving grace of the windshear that kept it in check. Ed wanted to strengthen, and do so rapidly, but could not.

Ed has crossedl over Florida, about has exited into the gulf, shear still existing. I doubt Ed has much "life" left in it.

Tropical Depression #6 has formed, and probably will become Fay. But nothing more than a tropical storm.

Folks along Texas are watching it with interest. As a warning has been issued for the area.

We are still watching all of them.
Along with areas in the Eastern Atlantic.

NRL Monterey Marine Meteorology Division Forecast Track of Active Systems (Good Forecast Track Graphic and Satellite Photos)

NASA GHCC Interactive Satellite images at:
North Atlantic Visible (Daytime Only), Infrared, Water Vapor

Some forecast models:
NGM, AVN, MRF, ETA ECMWF

DoD Weather Models (NOGAPS, AVN, MRF)
AVN, ECMWF, GFDL, MM5, NOGAPS, UKMET

Other commentary at Mike Anderson's East Coast Tropical Weather Center, Accuweather's Joe Bastardi, Hurricane City, Gary Gray's Millennium Weather, Barometer Bob's Hurricane Hollow, Snonut, Ed Dunham and Jason M in our Storm Forum Even more on the links page.

- [mike@flhurricane.com]

Edited by MikeC (Fri Sep 06 2002 01:14 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Tropical Depression Six forms in Northwest Gulf
      #2820 - Thu Sep 05 2002 10:42 PM

dont count ed dead yet east side starting to look good if it can rap around the next few hours there could be a fight in the gulf

troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: cocoa beach
Out near Africa
      #2821 - Thu Sep 05 2002 10:47 PM

http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/pdus/AI/200209051800AI3_g.jpg

lets see if it holds together. More models grabbing a hold of this one than the last few.

Edited by troy2 (Thu Sep 05 2002 10:47 PM)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2822 - Thu Sep 05 2002 10:54 PM

press by ed just went from 2988 to 2984 in a hour

Cycloneye
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Puerto Rico
African wave will be a player next week
      #2823 - Thu Sep 05 2002 11:10 PM

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Senegal

Pressures are low at Senegal as the strong wave moves out of africa and will do so by tommorow morning.But let's wait and see if the wave has ideal conditions in the atlantic to travel all the way west but some models are picking this wave and moving it west.

--------------------
My 2004 hurricane season forecast=13/8/3

WXMAN RICHIE
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
RADAR WEBSITE
      #2824 - Thu Sep 05 2002 11:15 PM

Hi All,

I didn't want this to get missed/lost at the end of the last subject, so I listed it here again. Sorry, for those who already saw this.

I just wanted to let everyone know about a great radar website that I use. You can set up all your own preferences and have the radar center and literally zoom in and out over your own house or any other exact location you would like. It is very accurate, up to the minute, and even loops. You can also add as many locations as you want. It is great to zoom in on a storm. Like yesterday, while most were using the Melbourne radar, I set mine up to have Ormond Beach as the center and zoom point as Edouard was making landfall. Check it out and let me know what you think. Hope you like it. www.my-cast.com

--------------------
Another typical August:
Hurricane activity is increasing and the Red Sox are choking.

Live weather from my backyard:
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLBOYNT4

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2825 - Thu Sep 05 2002 11:27 PM

Boys go to tampa close radar loop let me no what you see i see ed starting to rap up what do you see

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Pearland,Tx
Center!?!?!
      #2826 - Fri Sep 06 2002 12:08 AM

IMO, I think the center may be trying to re-form under the deep convection that is to the east of where the NHC is saying the center is at. We know that this is a broad circulation and I know this can happen with developing systems. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

HanKFranK
User

Reged:
Loc: Graniteville, SC
everything under the sun (moon too)
      #2827 - Fri Sep 06 2002 12:38 AM

yeah shawn. lower pressures are down sw of the main convection. system is still oblong and broad, and the upper high is east of the center. in the 8pm twd the boys at NHC mention that the upper high may retrograde over on top of whatever has organized into fay within a couple of days. so basically, if the system keeps meandering offshore, it should eventually stack.. even if the dominant center doesnt start throwing convection and pump the ridge overhead.
edouard persists, SFC pressures around 1010mb by buoy, but winds are weak and radar presentation is poor.
95L.. gustav? could be, if the shear lets up as foretold. if dolly redevelops north then things complicate.
anybody notice how the global 12Z runs take that little edouard shadow around the bahamas from the 00Z runs and crank it up? not very often you get all three major models all deepening a system that isnt there. pattern wants to pop something there too.. maybe in the diffluence downstream of that mean jet over edouard. all of them have something there by 36hr.. watching.
the weak low south of 95L is weaker yet. mostly nonconvective, ready to forget it.
new pulse off africa has one hell of a well defined rotation. maybe another instant storm. again there is model agreement on this.
alot could be going on this weekend.
HF 0035z06september

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Another hurry up and wait...
      #2828 - Fri Sep 06 2002 01:10 AM

TD6 not all that impressive on IR compared to the deep convection that was generated this afternoon, radar not impressive either... However, data buoys all along the GOM continue to fall tonight and winds on the increase.... Upper low to west hindering any rapid development.... Could be a major rain maker if it just drifts along the coast... Old Eddie is about as dead as it can get...

Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Frank
      #2829 - Fri Sep 06 2002 01:39 AM

Looks like its gonna be Faye at 10 pm. At least that whats being said on some other sites. Latest models initialized at TS6. There is also a vortex message out but I can't seem to find it yet.

Hey how about your Golden Eagles, good game last week. I was up in Oxford for the REBs opener.

Houstontracker

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2830 - Fri Sep 06 2002 01:39 AM

all everyone talked about is when will there be a storm now there 2 where is everyone at

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Hey Frank
      #2831 - Fri Sep 06 2002 02:05 AM

Houstontracker... where ya been son...

I wouldn't be surprised for the NHC to upgrade TD6 to TS, especially since its so close to coast... hard for me to find a well defined center though based on radar... probably does have some TS force winds in convection to east of center...

Eagles were flying last week... much bigger test this week... Overall CUSA didn't do well though... Rebs with Eli should be fun to watch... Gotta love em with a Manning in the backfield...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2832 - Fri Sep 06 2002 02:32 AM

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/GMEX/IR4/20.jpg

Ths isn't Fay @ 9:19pm CDT? That's all I've got to say.

Steve

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2833 - Fri Sep 06 2002 02:38 AM

I've been lurking around here some, but not much action for us over here in Texas up until now.

Hard to say where the center is, probably around 28/93.5 or so. I guess the reported vortex message was a false alarm. I just took a look at the IR loop and it looks about as good as anything has this year, more convection building east of where the center probably is. Give it another 24 hours and I think it will look a lot better.

Corpus AFD now says it is TS Fay by the way.

Went up and sat in the new end zone that Eli built for us "haha" He needs to have a better game this week, that Memphis team always scares me. They always seem to get up for the OM game. Can't be losing to no Conf USA team this early in the year.

Houstontracker

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2834 - Fri Sep 06 2002 02:41 AM

Hey Tracker, last recon I found showed some flight level winds > 40k/mph (can't remember which). Go the net-waves link and click on TD #6 and scroll down to the recon plots. By all indiciations, feedback is now occuring. If tonight's convective burst continues through the nighttime hours, nothing but the position of the ULL over E TX is going to hinder this one. Of course dynostorm could always rear their ugly heads!

Steve

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2835 - Fri Sep 06 2002 02:45 AM

fay is named by NHC

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2836 - Fri Sep 06 2002 02:58 AM

Yes Steve, I see what you mean. I think Fay is in the process of defining her identity tonight. Tommorow should make for an interesting day. The forecast track does not bode well for us here in Houston I could use some rain, but another slow moving system could be devastating here. Last year I had my in-laws for a month due to the flooding and their home is still not completely back to normal. It would not take too much rain for them to flood again.

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Hey Shawn
      #2837 - Fri Sep 06 2002 03:07 AM

You've finally have a storm on you backdoor steps.... interesting to see what effect it will have in your area...

Hate to see a storm just sitting out in the warm GOM... a ton of energy needs to be vented out there too.. fortunately its rather close to land so maybe it wil just be a big rain maker... but that does not bode well for the people of TX and SW LA...

troy2
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: cocoa beach
      #2838 - Fri Sep 06 2002 03:07 AM

IF THE CYCLONE IS NOT A TROPICAL
STORM NOW...IT PROBABLY WILL BE SOON...SO MIGHT AS WELL NAME IT NOW

funny how that rationale is selectively used!

Is the convection over FL outer bands from Fay??

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7371

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center