F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)
Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tampa
Re: Center reforming? [Re: hurricane_run]
      #36540 - Thu Jun 09 2005 06:58 PM

Is it me multi tasking at work or does 91L have circulation?

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Katie
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Haven, FL
Re: hunch [Re: HCW]
      #36541 - Thu Jun 09 2005 06:58 PM

HCW - thanks for the offer of the jet ski...boy it has been a while since I have gone out on one of those! YIPPEE....ah, the good ol' days.

I agree with your hunch though....I was thinking the same thing. It just seems to be lingering around down there and I was wondering how it was going to make landfall that soon. But, what do I know?

Phil, already setting up plans for the indoors. The porch is screened in and big enough that I think I can still put her bouncie toy up and still have all the balls too. I think I want to play with it more than she will! I will send you some pictures so you will see how much fun I had!!!

Katie

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged:
Re: Center reforming? [Re: hurricane_run]
      #36542 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:00 PM

Latest GFDL.... runs the storm thru Hancock county MS at 75K at 950 mb .......... GFDL always seems to have intensity problems.... models just piss me off...

hurricane_run
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: USA
Re: Center reforming? [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #36543 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:02 PM

thats what it looked like to me but it may a upper level low.
but then they wouldn't have put an invest on it.

hurricane_run
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: USA
Re: Center reforming? [Re: Frank P]
      #36544 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:05 PM

it did the same thing with Adrian. somtime it does make me mad.

Ricreig
User

Reged:
Loc: Orlando, Fl
Re: Center reforming? [Re: Frank P]
      #36545 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:06 PM

Quote:

Latest GFDL.... runs the storm thru Hancock county MS at 75K at 950 mb .......... GFDL always seems to have intensity problems.... models just piss me off...

Yeah, they are just made to irritate, amuse, be disagreed with, agreed with, can reduce boredom, increase apprehension, incite, inform, confuse, titilate and placate people. They do a good job too!
Richard

mysticalmooons
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: rockledge, fl
Re: 91Invest [Re: hurricane_run]
      #36546 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:07 PM

Take a look at the latest sat for 91l. I may be crazy but looks like a classic tropical development to me. Just looking at pics of course.

http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/tc-bin/tc_hom...mp;STYLE=tables

adogg76
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: hunch [Re: HCW]
      #36547 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:07 PM

Friday, Saturday, Sunday and some of Monday.....more rain in the Sunshine State.
The dreaded and evil "feeder bands" will be delivering their soggy, soaking showers all weekend long. If we are lucky.....the front in the midwest will not force a northeasterly course and deliver yet another storm to sunny Central Florida. Should remain a low grade storm with more of a rain effect, than winds and surges.
Does anyone realize how short Jim Cantore is?? This "weather stud" stands no more than 5' 3".....if that. Not that that is bad.....just funny to realize, now...the odd angles they shoot in order to make him appear as tall as others on TWC....Weather Rules!!!

Bloodstar

Reged:
Loc: Tucson, AZ
91l circulation [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #36548 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:12 PM

Quote:

Is it me multi tasking at work or does 91L have circulation?

The biggest problem with 91l is the shear that's on top of it... the waters aren't very warm either, 26 - 27 degress centigrade. The TWD at the NHC mentions it in the atlantic "A SURFACE 1015 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER IS
NEAR 27N57W." it's very weak, but it does exist (though it looks like it's falling apart on the sat loop) and it's drifting... west?
-Mark

--------------------
M. S. Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Tech - May 2020
Brookhaven National Laboratory
U. Arizona PhD Student

Katie
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Haven, FL
Re: 91l circulation [Re: Bloodstar]
      #36550 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:18 PM

In my opinion....it doesn't matter how tall Jim is, I will always stalk him....j/k. He is a doll. I believe he may have been my first crush. Hurricane Andrew rings a bell with that one.

Terra
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Kingwood, Texas
Re: 91l circulation [Re: Bloodstar]
      #36551 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:26 PM

Quote:

"A SURFACE 1015 MB LOW PRESSURE CENTER IS
NEAR 27N57W."
-Mark

1015 mb is not really low pressure... right? Isn't standard atmospheric pressure 760 mm Hg, which equals ~1015 mb?

--------------------
Terra Dassau Cahill

kilowatt

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Re: Tropical Storm Arlene Forms in the Western Caribbean [Re: MikeC]
      #36552 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:31 PM

Woohoo the first storm of the season...how exciting. *sigh*

--------------------

x It's gone from light to grey; gonna move those clouds away...
Letting the sun shine through in this ode to you. x

adogg76
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: hunch [Re: adogg76]
      #36553 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:36 PM

Ok....am located in Melbourne, Fl. and a band is moving thru from the Storm......Winds increased suddenly to about 10-15 mph....HEAVY rains....will be moving thru soon but more is on the way!!! Cloud formation and movement is similar to Charley.....although of course, nowhere near a severe.

My family took a donated truck, with donated supplies, and handed them out to people in need in Port Charlotte on Easy st. My grandparents had lived there awhile, and I felt compelled to do something...it was a WAR ZONE....complete with soldiers and M-16's...the most important thing I can think of is this....STAY OFF THE ROADS!!!! So many gawkers were out resulting in HUGE backups of traffic.....supplies and help stranded for hours on roadways because people wanted to make there town was still there. It wasn't and your curiosity jeopardized much...Stay home unless necessary to leave.....I understand that in the mind of Joe Public....that storm should have come nowhere near where it did...thanks "models".....but still...if a storm is anywhere nearby, get ready.....it is Thursday and I am ready for this one already.....anyways...it was good to get there and help....but we realized we needed to get out of the way so we did returning home. Then we rode out Frances and Jean and I felt the concrete beneath my feet SHAKE!!! And the same human need to see things caused more traffic and snarls on the roadways that should have been kept clear for emergency help!

Blah blah, not meaning to drone about things......There were so many good things that came from those storms....seeing people help each other.....that it becomes easy to forget the 1000+++ DEAD in Haiti from the same storm that battered our 3/4 of a million dollar condo vacation homes on the beach......did Miami get enough hurricane aid I wonder???
I'd like to add that I was trying to phone in reports to channel 13 orlando until my power went out....their daytoday coverage is weak in my opinon....but Stormtrackers Rule....it was good to have my info passed on to anyone who may have needed it.

My water is stored, pantry stocked, cards being played......bring it on!

adogg76
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Re: 91l circulation [Re: Katie]
      #36554 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:43 PM

Yea...Jim is still a Stud....I was just VERY surprised!!

HCW
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Mobile,AL
Re: 91l circulation [Re: adogg76]
      #36555 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:48 PM

Jim is okay but will never be as good as Jill Brown ,Christina Abernathy, Stephanie Abrams. Jen Carfagno

--------------------
Over 4,000 members and now on a new server

http://www.hardcoreweather.com

Edited by HCW (Thu Jun 09 2005 07:49 PM)

Clark
Meteorologist

Reged:
Loc:
Re: 91l circulation [Re: Terra]
      #36556 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:48 PM

Terra -- standard surface pressure is about 1012mb or so, but low pressure is always defined in a relative sense, e.g. it is lower than what surrounds it. There was a dying tropical cyclone a few years back in the central Atlantic with minimum pressure of around 1020mb...not impressive, but the surface pressures all around it were abnormally high. The same storm, as it developed, neared hurricane intensity (if I recall correctly) at around 1000mb.

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

kilowatt

Reged:
Loc: Jacksonville, FL
      #36557 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:53 PM

Yeah...watching the weather channel now and watching the bands move across Florida. It's crazy that this season is starting so early...I'm not so sure that northern Florida is gonna be so lucky this year.....

--------------------

x It's gone from light to grey; gonna move those clouds away...
Letting the sun shine through in this ode to you. x

FlaMommy
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Tampa(Riverview), Florida
Re: hunch [Re: kilowatt]
      #36558 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:56 PM

yea im thinking florida doesnt have much of a chance at all this season...and i keep getting told that tampa is due for a good one...well im not looking forward to it and im sure hoping that Arlene doesnt even think about tryin to come for us....everyone be safe and prepared....

--------------------
"Haven't thought of a witty one lately"

Liz
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
      #36559 - Thu Jun 09 2005 07:57 PM

Here in Daytona we have a steady wind out of the south at 12 mph with gusts at 26. No rain yet, just very cloudy

adogg76
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
      #36560 - Thu Jun 09 2005 08:00 PM

am not "educated" in weather.....have been watching TWC religiously since its conception....RELIGIOUSLY!!!

The lack of outflow on the northwest quadrant should indicate the storm is interacting with the remnants of the low from the midwestern states. The front which brought the tornadoes to Michigan.....RAMSDIS is showing this very well....What an AWESOME satellite site! Thanks to those responsible for that!!

Wouldn't this mean the storm will be taking a northerly course for roughly another 12 hour period before it makes a yet unforecasted turn to the northeast....targeting the people of Florida yet again!!! Of course....lets not tell anyone till the last minute....every last plane that lands at OIA is another dollar in our greedy tourism driven oh blahblahblah.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 160 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 52379

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center