F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

News Talkback >> 2005 News Talkbacks

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)
GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Polk County, Florida
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: BullitNutz]
      #42963 - Thu Jul 14 2005 11:15 AM

The northern trend will have to continue and the storm will have to catch the merry-go-round that is surrounding Florida at this time in order to get into the gulf. It still looks like it will make a westward turn into the Yucatan Mexican coast., If you can imagine the school /park merry -go-round spinning and kids having to jump on it at an angle and hold on like mad to keep from being slung in the general direction away from the ride. Those that had the strength would hangon and get the ride completely around. Those that lost their grip would sling off in opposite direction the wheel was turning. (loose discription.)

Edited by GuppieGrouper (Thu Jul 14 2005 11:16 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BullitNutz
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #42964 - Thu Jul 14 2005 11:18 AM

Ahh. I see. it'd have to make a sharp northward curve and somehow "catch" the current instead of deflecting. Well, no great sigh of relief yet, but at least they didn't radically shift the track into FL yet.

firestar_1
Weather Hobbyist

Reged:
Loc: Port Charlotte, FL, 26.98N 82....
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: BullitNutz]
      #42965 - Thu Jul 14 2005 11:41 AM

Not a met...but Charlie has shown me that it is sunny, hot, and humid inside the eye. And be careful about it being calm, I was reading after Charlie hit our area that one of the met vans in our area found evidence of mini vortices inside the eye using it's radar....

--------------------
Stay Aware...Stay Alert....Stay Alive.....

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: nsb,fl
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: firestar_1]
      #42966 - Thu Jul 14 2005 12:37 PM

those two waves off africa look like they have skeletal remains of two huge hurricanes like they are ghost canes or something. we really need too hook them witch doctors up with some chicks cause they are sending some wierd stuff off that coast lol! good morning peeps! so what do we think of emily will she be a charlie or not?

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tampa
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #42967 - Thu Jul 14 2005 12:38 PM

Good morning everyone, Emily creeping up in intensity 14/1145 UTC 12.5N 63.4W T4.5/4.5 EMILY

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

NewWatcher
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Port Orange, FL
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #42968 - Thu Jul 14 2005 12:52 PM

pressure down to 980

--------------------
Pam in Volusia County

According to Colleen A ... "I AM A HURRICANE FREAK"
2007 Predictions 16/9/6

ralphfl
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #42969 - Thu Jul 14 2005 12:56 PM

Can't wait to see scott's forcast and others now that ukmet has shifted back down south with the other models.

I am in NOWAY a expert but for 30 years i have been here in Florida and wached these storms and since the internet have tracked them.

Now sure they can go wacky ways and this may still but when you got the experts saying 1 thing then all of a sudden the ukmet (which stinks) takes it over cuba a few guys jump on it becase if they are right they get to say see i beat the NHC.

This is there buisness and others's hobby and after the last 2 years i am sorry to say a few people only post when they can predict doom and Gloom.And there are many who have no clue and get upset.

Heck when Dennis was coming over 30 people i know left Sarasota because just by word of mouth they were scared of it coming here.

In fact last year when charlie was already going to Char county somone on this type board posted he see's something in the vapor and its going to Jog up the coast and rake our area.Well they ran to Arcadia EVEN though it was heading right for Punta Gorda.In fact the people were all screaming on these boards Tampa and Sarasota watch out this just may go right up the coast YET NHC had it going where it went by that time.

Anyway they went to Arcadia and were killed by the Hurricne there.

The guys who posted had to answer to nobody and thats why i get a little bitter as it chases people away and sometimes right into the path of a storm.

Its all about fame and glory for the guys make there predictions on these boards as its boring to say the NHC looks right on target so they always find something different from what the NHC says and last year made fun of them alot when they were wrong.

Yet when they are wrong they just say hey im not the expert.

So Scott now what today? are we waiting to see or what? ukmet has moved south.

And BTW its only 1 or 2 people but they can make the difference in someone to panic.

This storm in the end is wait and see what happends next.

ralphfl
Weather Master

Reged:
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: ralphfl]
      #42970 - Thu Jul 14 2005 12:59 PM

BTW every Jog east by Ivan last year people posted WATCH OUT TAMPA.

And it was a wobble only. many people left the west coast of Florida last year also for that storm yet the NHC never had it coming here.

NewWatcher
Storm Tracker

Reged:
      #42971 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:01 PM

I gotta say something, i have been reading these posts you have been making and i noticed something. Here you are complaining about people only posting every once in a while about doom and gloom, but i have noticed you have only posted recently to complain about someone. make your predictions, ask your questions
or leave the bandwidth to someone who wants to make positive input to the site

that is just my opinion

--------------------
Pam in Volusia County

2007 Predictions 16/9/6

Rick on boat in Mobile
Weather Drama Guru

Reged:
ralphfl [Re: NewWatcher]
      #42972 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:17 PM

how dare you make an assumption that someone on this site is responsible for other's deaths. You have no names, not a bit of verifiable fact. It is irresponsible and quite arrogant. I for one find your recent post disgraceful......

WTNT65 KNHC 141236
TCUAT5
HURRICANE EMILY TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATE...CORRECTED
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
815 AM AST THU JUL 14 2005

...CORRECTED PM TO AM IN TIME OF THE UPDATE

...HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT REPORTS LOWER PRESSURE IN EMILY...

AN AIR FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT JUST REPORTED A
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE OF 980 MB...A DROP OF 11 MB SINCE THEIR
LAST REPORT. AS YET THEY HAVE NOT REPORTED ANY INCREASE IN EMILY'S
WINDS...HOWEVER...THE PRESSURE FALL IS AN INDICATION THAT A
STRENGTHENING TREND IS BEGINNING.

FORECASTER FRANKLIN

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: NewWatcher]
      #42973 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:18 PM

looks like the spin of death in the GOM. geez!

Lysis
User

Reged:
Loc: Hong Kong
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: nl]
      #42974 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:22 PM

Man... I went to sleep with a strong tropical storm, and woke up with a near category two hurricane with impressive satellite presentation to boot. I didn’t think that Dennis's record would be challenged so early!

--------------------
cheers

Katie
Weather Guru

Reged:
Loc: Winter Haven, FL
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: Lysis]
      #42975 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:23 PM

I need more coffee to deal with her this morning...darn Emily.

HurricaneSteph
Verified CFHC User

Reged:
Re: ralphfl [Re: Rick on boat in Mobile]
      #42976 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:24 PM

Give me a break, ralph. You know as well as everybody else does that people should take some responsibility for their actions. If I said on this board that I thought Emily was going to turn into a Cat 5 and slam directly into Tampa, and somebody evacuated Tampa based on what I said, who's the bigger idiot?

Bottom line: listen to the NHC and follow their watches/warnings. If you make your plans based on something you saw in a chat room, you're not playing with a full deck in the first place.

My two cents......

--------------------
HurricaneSteph
Orlando

nl
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: Lysis]
      #42977 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:24 PM

where's franklin?

NewWatcher
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog [Re: nl]
      #42978 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:27 PM

no franklin yet, waiting...........

--------------------
Pam in Volusia County

2007 Predictions 16/9/6

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged:
Loc: Tampa
      #42979 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:30 PM

Well before this gets unruly, because I can smell it heating up. I have only been on this site for a couple of years and been in Fl since 1990. I have been watching, tracking, and plotting etc etc since 1991. However, only within the last couple of years have I really taken an interest in the overall genesis, mechanics, tracks and trails of Hurricanes. And with that, an interest in meteorology and climatology. The amount of information and knowledge that I have sucked up from people on this site, REGARDLESS of background, education, experience has been INCREDIBLE. I have always approached this site as any other web site, in which opinions, perspectives, judgements vary, yet I respect that. I do not hold anyone to anything they say here because we are talking about nature. A force that can not be controlled and quite honestly, minimally understood. I do not come to this site for debate, arguments or chastising. People, opinions, culture and nature should be respected, among other things. It's early and I am not on my 3rd cup of Java yet. But it seems more so than in years past we have these bickering sessions that quite frankly, waste people’s time and system resources. Doorbell rings, phone rings, answer or don’t. Show on TV, song on radio, you like it, leave it on. You don’t turn it off. There is choice, believe or not, and if not, validate the point or say nothing. There are a few similar sites out there, none with the accuracy and timeliness of information that this site offers. I suggested this a couple of weeks ago to another poster. You don’t like it, start your own site or just don’t watch! I have not seen that person since, or his friend. Ralphfl, no offense, just an opinion and take on the dialogue currently taking place. Here’s hoping to learn from you.

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

jbmusic
Weather Watcher

Reged:
Loc: Bradenton, Fl
Re: ralphfl [Re: HurricaneSteph]
      #42980 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:31 PM

Oh my gosh, I don't know what is heating up more the tropics or this message board, how about if we put some of that energy into learning how these storms move and react to the enviroment and take the enegy off of each other.

There are statements all over this board that this is not an official hurricane site it is for hobby interest only, so if someone choices to listen to a hobbiest state their oinion that is their decision

--------------------
Jenny Bradenton, Florida
www.bbdigitalphoto.com

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged:
Loc: Twin Cities
did anyone read this about Dennis's effect in the FLA keys? [Re: NewWatcher]
      #42981 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:32 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/07/12/dennis.shipwreck.reut/index.html

A story about how waves from Dennis righted a sunken ship to rest on its keel. The ship had been sunk to make a manmade coral reef but had landed on it's side.

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

Terra
Storm Tracker

Reged:
Loc: Kingwood, Texas
      #42982 - Thu Jul 14 2005 01:32 PM

From the site suggestions/comments board when I asked the rules for posting on this forum.... LiPhil said, "there's only 2 hard and fast rules...no cussin' & no attackin'..." Lately, there's been a lot of attachin' going on in my opinion... Is there really a need for blame and argument? Let's just focus more on this storm, and less on pointing fingers....

--------------------
Terra Dassau Cahill

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 192 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 54758

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center