F
Current Radar or Satellite Image

Flhurricane.com - Central Florida Hurricane Center - Tracking Storms since 1995Hurricanes Without the Hype! Since 1995

Special Tropical Weather Outlook issued for area in the East-Central Atlantic, only with 10% chance for development, not expected to do much.
Days since last H. Landfall - US: Any 239 (Idalia) , Major: 239 (Idalia) Florida - Any: 239 (Idalia) Major: 239 (Idalia)

Off-Topic >> Everything and Nothing

Pages: 1
LI Phil
User

Reged:
Loc: Long Island (40.7N 73.6W)
SUPER BOWL PREDICTIONS
      #14088 - Mon Dec 29 2003 10:26 PM

OK, Time for Super Bowl Predictions:

PATRIOTS vs. RAMS.

AFC: Patriots, with the home field advantage, will take it all the way to Houston. Titans v. Ravens winner could advance all the way to the Championship Game. Indy can't win a play off game, and KC is overrated. Broncos are still too beat up to win three games and without Elway, will never reach the SB again.

NFC: The popular pick would be Philly, but as an NFC East fan, I cannot in good conscience root for either Philly or Dallas, although the 'Boys under Parcells might just win a game. Never discount the Pack, either. Panthers are just happy to be there, as are the Seahawks. St. Louie has been to two of the last four bowls and can get it done...even in freezing Philly in late January.

Prediction: In a rematch of the 2002 Super Bowl, the New England Patriots defeat the St. Louis Rams 27-20

--------------------
2005 Forecast: 14/7/4

BUCKLE UP!

"If your topic ain't tropic, your post will be toast"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LI Phil
User

Reged:
Re: SUPER BOWL PREDICTIONS
      #14094 - Mon Jan 05 2004 09:43 PM

OK. First round of the playoffs is over. Good thing I didn't predict individual games or I would have only been 2 for4 (I would have picked Dallas over Carolina and Denver over Indy). Now, I'll post individual matchups; I will still stick with New England over St. Louis in the big dance. Here's my picks for week 2 of the playoffs:

Carolina at St. Louis: Inside the dome and at home, the Greatest Show on Turf will easily trounce the Panthers, say 33-14.

Tennessee at New England: Winner of this game goes to the Super Bowl, and I'm picking New England. 24-17 NE

Indianapolis at KC: Geez. I thought I'd go with KC, but I'm not all that convinced. Chief's defense has more holes than swiss cheese and the Colts sure looked good last Sunday. I'll pick the upset here: Colts 28 Chiefs 21.

Green Bay at Philadelphia: Philly ekes one out 17-14 as Farve plays great but comes up short in the end.

Well there you have it. No one will read this anyway, but it will be fun to make perdictions to entertain myself.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

LI Phil
User

Reged:
      #14106 - Wed Jan 14 2004 09:33 PM

Three outa four aint bad. And I came pretty close on the scores. First the bad:

Carolina at St. Louis. Carolina wins 29-23 in double OT. Great game. This one threw me as I was SURE the Lambs were gonna wipe up the floor. Methinks Carolina is a better team than most people thought. Good, punishing D; they even did OK w/out Stephen Davis.

The good:

I predicted Philly would beat GB by a field goal, and I was right. I just didn't think they'd do it in OT, after the Packers D gave up a fourth & 26. That's horrible. Then Farve's pickoff? Wasup wit dat? Nice pass. Game over.

Thought KC would lose to Indy by a TD and I was right. Just off on the score. Not too shabby.

Finally, I said NE would beat the Titans by 7 and they won by a field goal. Still, not too shabby.

Now, on to Championship Weekend Picks.

Carolina at Philly: Gotta pick Philly, here. They're due (3rd straight championship appearance) and Carolina's GOTTA be out of steam, yes? And Davis is still hurt. Gonna be a low scoring game, as Carolina's D is pretty damn good and Philly's aint too shabby either. Best CBs in the game. The pick? Philly 17, Panthers 13.

I said whomever won the New England/Tennessee game would go all the way. I still think that way, but Peyton's Colts are now an offensive juggernaut. However, New England's D is downright scary and it will be cold. Should be a helluva game, though. The pick? New England 18 Indy 14.

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

LI Phil
User

Reged:
      #14110 - Mon Jan 26 2004 10:50 PM

As Steve was wont to say for most of the 2003 Season:

"How 'bout dem Carolina Panthers. HAHAHAHAHA"

Well, whoda thunk they'd be playing for it all? Two years removed from 1-15. Well, they wanted parity in the NFL and they got it.

After an absolute thrashing of the Beagles, 14-3 (and it wasn't that close), I am rethinking my pick for the big game. Carolina's D is downright scary, even better than the Pats. But the Pats D is SUPER as well, and I think their offense is also better than the Cats.

Will be a very interesting game, with two former New York Football Giants assistant coaches going after one another mano a mano. I'd like to think the game will be a defensive battle, with field position paramount. While most people would consider this boring (everyone loves offense, right?), I personally like low-scoring battles in the trenches, where every first down is EARNED and where the special teams (punters/returners) could determine the outcome of the game.

I've stuck with the Pats thus far, though I'll be rooting for the Cats. THE PREDICTION:

In a battle of attrition, the big dance sees its first overtime game in history, with the Pats edging the Cats 15-12 on the foot of an Adam Venitieri field goal of 51 yards.

Should be a helluva game...

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

LI Phil
User

Reged:
      #14115 - Mon Feb 02 2004 03:34 PM

OK Everyone, last post on this topic.

Well, I have to pat myself on the back for this call. The Pats did win by three points on a last second (not overtime) field goal by Adam Venatieri, and while I was low on the point total, I wasn't that far off. Were I in Vegas, I would have made some serious cash-ish off this game. Alas, I was relegated to watching the game on my couch with nary a dime on the action.

Congrats to the Pats and Cats as well. This was one of the best Super Bowl's in a long time...even if there was no scoring in the first or third quarters.

Only two weeks till pitchers and catchers report...

--------------------

BUCKLE UP!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2530

Rate this topic

Jump to

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at
Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center